• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone know anything about Glenwood Lodge, northeast of Pine Island?? Really out of the way, I like that! Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

We stayed there last year. The remote location was nice, but the resort didn't fit us very well. The bar at the resort gets used heavily, especially on the weekends. It is also a very popular place for island residents to use the docks and ramp. There are no boat slips reserved for cabin guests. There were a few times while returning from our morning fishing that we had no dockspace for our boat. That got very frustrating. The cabin we stayed in was a newer cabin. Both of the patio door screens were severely damaged along with several window screens. It was a hot week and wanted more ventilation, but if the windows were opened, the skeeters were all over. The cabin we were in was very spacious. That was a big plus. The owner was a very nice guy and helped out whenever he could. If you have a family, looking for a family oriented resort, this is not your place. The fact that for most of the week, the cabins were mostly empty, probably tells the story.

Prior to getting a place on Vermilion, we stayed at a similar named place that is called "Glenmore Resort" very nice people and it is in a quite bay, Pike Bay to be exact. Cabins were nice and owners were great. No bar, which was good and close enough to town and other ammenities, which one needs to go to now and then. Good luck on your search I am sure other people will reply to your question and have other input, where ever you choose to go, I'm sure you will find the lake and surronding area just great.

Glenwood Lodge is a very nice place. Nice newer cabins that are nice sized also.

Very nice owner! laugh.gif

Also sheltered from heavy winds and close to a lot of great fishing spots.

As stated it is in a remote spot, though that is ok too!

Cliff

i also reccomend glenwood....and if you are there at the right time of year you are real close to some good fishing.but at any time you are not very far away from good fishing....bill will help you out all he can...

Thanks for your input guys, I think I would be ticked if I didnt have a place for my boat when I got back from fishing. But I do like that eastern half of the lake.

We have stayed a Glenwood Lodge twice. I loved the backwoods feel of the area and we always had good luck fishing for Northerns in Rice Bay. While Bill is one heck of a nice guy, the service there was rather poor. We would have to mix the fuel and pump it for our rental. The bar was always crowded and it felt a little strange coming in after a day fishing and having all the eyes on you as you went to clean your catch. I suppose there are pros and cons to every place but the cons out-weighed the pros and we found a new place to go where the service is exceptional.

I do miss the drive along Mud Creek Road though!!! What a great drive that is!

Good luck to ya!

We stayed at Glenwood a couple of years ago. It is nice and remote and a lot of nice fishing spots but the island people do make it a bit crowded. Bill & Gene were good hosts. We enjoyed the couple that ran the bar and maintained the grounds. They were exceptionally nice and hospitable. We returned to Mn last September (Cass Lake) and took a trip to Glenwood to see them but were told that they no longer worked there. Their names are Al & Louise Poole. Does anyone know them or if they are working at another resort? We will be coming to Mn again this summer and would like to pay them a visit. Thanks much.

We stayed there last year second week of June. It was nice and sheltered from the wind, but a little too far out of the way for some of the areas we usually fish. The little bar was a nice distraction for a beer and a game of pool, but it was often crowded with kids who's family was staying there and locals just stopping by. I agree with the boat docking situation. We taped signs to our spots and left our boat covers and drop cords out on the dock and we still had people in our spots several days when we returned. The owner, a nice guy, didn't really seem concerned with who parked where? The cabins were all really nice. We decided to book a little more centrally located this year.