• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anybody been out lately? I won't be up for a few weeks but was wondering how the fishing has been. Thanks fellas.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I've taken a break from Fish lake eyes and won't be there till the Gills start popping so I can't give you a report. When you come up in 3 weeks you might want to try Pontoon Bay for Gills and Crappies.

Crappies, Perch, Northern all last time out. Crappies ran decent size, perch were small except for a few. Pike in the 3# class. Eyes and better Crappies 4:30-6:30pm. 14-16' of water on secondary drops and gravel or wood. You can drive almost anyplace with a 4 by 4. Stay away from the dam and bridge ares. Roads were real rough so drive to the left where everyone else has been. Call Tim at Highbanks for real good up to date info. I also heard the Gills are starting to come on.

Thanks for the reports guys. Are you guys fishing the tourney out of Hi-Banks on Feb. 4th?

Well hopefully Ill be up there. I just spent $1800 on a rebuilt tranny for the vehicle. Fun stuff.

what tourney is on the lake that day i know about the one on the 18 can you give me some info thanks in advance

I found pretty good bluegills and Crappies tonight. Brought home 4 crappies over 10" and 6 bluegills over 8.5" so all in all it was a pretty good night for me out there. Talked to other guys and they didn't seem to really be doing anything at all. Right as it got dark is when a flurry of activity took place. So they are starting to go and it can sure be fun to get into them

keep fishin'

wall-i-king

Ive been on fish lake about 5 times in the last month with very good success! Initially just going for the FM gathering, but deciding to return in hopes of a good time. Well... I did pretty good! First time i go back i do pretty bad but decide to keep plugging away, well it was well worth it catching many jumbo perch and some 10+ inch crappies. But ohh man are those jumbos fun!!! Never had as mutch fun catching those and the occasional 13'' crappie. Hope to keep going back and try my luck some more!

I love fish lake! last year I caught my biggest perch and crappie in the same day, both 13in. The perch was obease, three times as big as the 13in walleye we caught. I thought about getting it mounted. I could have my 30+in walleye about to eat it and have my 50+in muskie going to eat the walleye on spread across my wall. However, I have yet to catch a 30in walter or a 50in musk but I try. Too bad I finished callege[still can't spell that word]up there and had to get a real job frown.gif.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Thanks for the updates guys.

4 walleye, 4 perch and 4 crappies tonight. None made it to the pan though.

Last night was my first trip to Fish. Report: One just-decent gill and One Ok Crappie. Just barely enough fish dinner for my wife and I, but not really enough. 13 ft. water, many lookers, occassional suspendeds but not much biting going on.

Has anyone had any luck back on the east side of the lake? There are some interesting points, breaks and weed beds that are on the maps. Just wondering if anybody's caught anything other than northerns back there.

Kingr your thinking will pay off for you if you hit the right spots back there but your on the right track for sure.

Steve, what you doing home on a nice Sat. afternoon. I thought you would be out fishing. I'm doing the kids b-day party thing other wise I would be out there. I hit that lake last week for 2 days and it was SLOW. I will be dropping something off at your house here in a couple of weeks if you know what I mean cool.gif

Hit the lake this afternoon and kept 8 bluegills a couple crappies and a perch. They were a litte tought to come by but if you stuck with it and gave them what they wanted they would cooperate.

Any recent reports from the last couple days? I think I'm gonna head out there tomorrow. Am I correct in assuming that people are still driving trucks out? JH

Green and Gold people are still driving trucks just fine. I have been out there the last couple of nights with a little success. Last night I ended up with 6 crappies and 4 sunnies, one of which was a 9" pumpkinseed. Tonight was a little slower. 3 keeper crappies as well as 3 bluegills, however 2 of the 'gills were 9 1/4 and the other was 9 1/2. I can't believe the size of the gills in that lake. The sunnies are bigger than the crappies. Good luck if you get out and let us know how you do.

I love the pan fish in that lake. A few summers back I pulled a gill out that weighed 2 lbs on my scale. Not sure how accurate the scale was but it was a bull of a gill. It fought harder then the 20" walleye I caught that day. I swore it was a 4-5 lbs pike before I saw it doing circles on the way up to the boat. I have some pics of it somewhere. It used to be posted at Hi Banks resort but it looks like they have put up new pictures now.

Fished all day and targeted walleye/pike more than panfish. The walleye are definitely incognito this time of year, as was evidenced by us only catching one about 10". The Pike fishing was a little better, however. We managed our 6 northern (for the 2 of us) and all were between 24" and 30", and fat. The biggest was about 7 lbs. I think next time we'll try to find some of those bull gills. JH

Casa are you talking of little moose? Try the Southwest side of the lake. You dont want to fish there its fished out. wink.gif Are you fishing the contest on Sat? If so we should hook up. Ill be with Green n Puke. grin.gif

Its "green & chunky"!! Get it right! tongue.gif Cloma, I talked to Tim at Hi-banks when we stopped through and he said they got some nice gills by Little Moose on Wednesday. Just didn't know where that was either. JH

Thanks! NL I'll be in the Cities this weekend, so good luck in the contest. It will take better than a .52 perch to get in the $$ cool.gif. Have Fun!

-CLoma

Where is the 'Moose Lake' area on fish lake?

Where can I find it on the map?

Thanks Guys!

confused.gif -CLoma

Someone wanna e-mail me directions from 194/53 intersection? I won't enter and take all your prize money, I promise. I just wanna catch some fish.

Loma Im planning on a 12# pike and a 9# walleye with a 2# perch and Crappie and 1# Gil thrown in. Ill take the whole kit and caboodle. grin.gif Ok Ill be happy with a great day of fishing and a door prize. wink.gif

STEVE YOUR NOT ASKING FOR TO MUTCH ARE YOU???? CALL ME I WILL BE THERE THANKS TOM.....

I knew I should have kept my mouth shut. Either that or not fish with Contest jinxed Green n Chunky. grin.gif We shot a big goose egg. All contest we hit spots for pike with tip ups and only had 2 flags the whole time. Problem being everyplace you went turned into the Mega Mall Parking lot. At least thats my excuse for such a poor outing. Oh well tomorrow its Rice lake at 10am for the Pre Superbowl Tip Up Brawl. It will take more than being the 1st one to the flag to get a fish at this one I can tell.

"Ooh and Poutslayer lays out Kettle River kid at the flag. Oh wait here comes Green n Chunky in to score the 40" Pike. No! You got to be kidding, TCBrookston horsecollars him at the hole and recovers the trophy and runs it back the other way for a big score!" grin.gif

See ya all there and I hope we dont have any wind. Ya Right. confused.gif