• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trade rumor

IceHawk

I was reading the newest issue of the spoting news and saw a full size picture of KG and the caption was ..."on the block!' Read the article to hear them say that KG is on the trading block with about 5 other "superstars" of the league. Unless we can pull of the Hershall Walker trade of basketball I sure hope that we do not let KG go. But with McHales last few decisions...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nofishfisherman

• cybermuskie

• Quickstrike

• Big Pine Walleye

Package up T-Dud, Jaric, and Madsen and move em out. Start A.C. at point guard and Blount at center with Eddie off the bench. Not sure who's available for P.G.'s out there, but we need someone there I think.

This would stink if this happens! I would stop watching period!

Wednesday, February 22

ESPN's rumor central:

Kevin Garnett

Timberwolves Knicks? Is KG Heading To New York?

Feb 22 - Web site RealGM, is reporting that New York and Minnesota are in serious discussions about a deal which would send Kevin Garnett to the Knicks in exchange for Penny Hardaway and Channing Frye.

Quote:

There goes that trade exactly but the knicks just picked up Steve Francis for Penny Hardaway

So Marbury's going to be traded tonight.???

Who's the point guard then??

I can't find anything yet...Did the Wolves dump, I mean trade, Jaric???

I wish they would have look to Utah"s Boozer for a possible trade! But that's just me.

Should have gotten rid of KG when he was at the top of his game. too late now for championship players in return. He's a good guy, great player, but not a champion. His career is on the downside. You might say-- no supporting cast, OK. But is Szcerbiak/Ricky Davis/ any better/worse than Tony Parker/Manu Ginobili??? The later are gamers. Just like the NCAA, guard play is the key. 2 yrs ago-- nobody knew about them: parker/ginobli. AND,,, I'll take Duncan anytime straight up vs. KG anytime espec the playoffs. MN guy in Iowa with a realistic look on things.

I'am sure this draws the irk of many,, but who will back their words,... I'll back mine,, The T-wolves will not win a championship with KG./ or maybe not make the playoffs ever again>??? Said it a year ago, and not changing my thoughts.

Heck, KG is nothing compared Lebron. Look at the #'s. and Lebron has 2 years in the leauge.

Wake up T-Wolves front office. MCchale has been a joke. Flip who???? Oh yeah. Coaches some Detroit team that's going to win close to 65-70 games this year, with a MVP player the T-wolves got rid of for next to nothing that's is one of the best clutch players in the leauge--- BILLUPS!!!!

Still a T-wolves fan--- but it's tough!!!

Quote:

You might say-- no supporting cast, OK. But is Szcerbiak/Ricky Davis/ any better/worse than Tony Parker/Manu Ginobili???

Mud,

I don't disagree with much of your post except the quote above. Duncan over KG...Yep, but Duncan has them both at the same time and KG only has had Wally or Davis. The only time KG had 2 worthy supporters he almost got them there and probably would have had Cassell been healthy in the playoffs. Again, no major disagreements here but I don't think you have given KG a completely fair shake with his supporting cast.

McHale....? Should have gone long ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Fish-

that's a fair take. I agree. But KG has had his time. Champions rise to the task. 2004 was KG's fair take. SAM and Latreel. No done deed. Sam was hurt, but I've seen many times real Champs come to the top and overcome these situations for a game or series. That's what make them champions.

With a roster depleted this year, KG has been average---(to his stats) is that because he's got nobody around or that he really is not a champion??? KG is not as good a player as we think he is or is going down hill fast. I'd take a Kobe Bryant minus KG with this team anyday- same goes with AI, and LEBRON (who is arouund them,??? and all playoff teams. the list goes on and on. AS a T-Wolves fan,, a championship is not going to get done with the current players.

Too late to trade KG--- ask anybody out their. (that is to get championship players in return.)

KG is the CHuck Foreman of this generation.

AI might get his team to the playoffs but he'll never win one, KG took the t-wolves to the playoffs for something like 9 years in a row with nothing better then bit players. One man can get a team to the playoffs but it takes 2-3 to win a tittle, that has been proven over and over and over and over again.

Also a point gaurd or someone who handles the ball is so much more able to single handedly win a game because they control when the get the ball and when they take shots. Big men like KG, and Shaq and Duncan all need a good player to get them the ball. You won't see a big man win a championship without someone to give him the ball.

confused.gifGet rid of KEVIN GARNET!!!!! so your saying when the twolves had an awesome season and kevin won the mvp he should have traded him??? that doesnt make sense. He is one of the most consistent players in the league. he is on his downside when is averaging around 22pts the leagues leader in rebounding this year with around 13 rebounds a game. just because the twolves arent winning you cant point the finger at Kevin. to win a champioship it takes a team. i agree that Mcahle is not doing a good job. we need some supporting cast around kevin.

Quote:

Fish-

that's a fair take. I agree. But KG has had his time. Champions rise to the task. 2004 was KG's fair take. SAM and Latreel. No done deed. Sam was hurt, but I've seen many times real Champs come to the top and overcome these situations for a game or series. That's what make them champions.

With a roster depleted this year, KG has been average---(to his stats) is that because he's got nobody around or that he really is not a champion??? KG is not as good a player as we think he is or is going down hill fast.
I'd take a Kobe Bryant minus KG with this team anyday- same goes with AI, and LEBRON (who is arouund them,???
and all playoff teams. the list goes on and on. AS a T-Wolves fan,, a championship is not going to get done with the current players.

Too late to trade KG--- ask anybody out their. (that is to get championship players in return.)

KG is the CHuck Foreman of this generation.

What exactly has AI or Lebron won? Neither will if their respective teams don't add quality of players around them either. How has Bryant done so far without Shaq?

Outside of KG and Ricky, the Wolves have nothing. They have players that shouldn't be getting more than 10 mins that are playing 25-30 a night.

Duncan has had Manu/Parker playing along side him at the same time. In the other championship years, Duncan had David Robinson, Sean Elliot, Avery Johnson, and Steve Kerr. Give KG those supporting cast and I think you would see the same results.

Mud - you're out of you mind. KG brings it every night. 28 double-doubles in a row. Kobe is a punk, Lebron is a stud, but he dominates the ball - he'll never win anything playing like that. Kobe hasn't done jack since Shaq left LA. If KG and Duncan switched spots KG would have the rings and Duncan would have squat. No way should we trade KG. I think we should see if he'll restructure his deal and get him some REAL HELP. This team need a center real bad - Mark Blount in not the answer. I hope people realize how lucky the Timberwolves organiztion is to have a franchise player like KG who gives back to the community and doesn't carry around any baggage. Not too many guys like that willing to spend most or all of their careers in Minnesota.

FI

I don't think that deals can be restructered in the NBA, atleast you never hear of it. Thats an NFL thing.

I have heard that it is against the collective bargaining agreement the NBA has, don't quote me on that but I just remember hearing it somewhere after I was thinking the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they can actually be restructured. Didn't shaq restructure his heat contract? Know he's making something like 30 large now, but unless the recent cba changed it I think he could theoretically restructure his contract.

Guy's making around 200 mil from the wolves for his career. Don't see him doing it but I personally don't think it's quite as dismall as some of the papers have made out for the offseason.

They've got a trade exception that I think is worthe about 4.5 mil, the mid level (4-5 mil) the LLE (1.5 ?) and a lot of bad contracts to try to trade off.

IMO Hudson's contract is the one that stands out as way, way bad. Way to much for a guy who hasn't been able to play more than two months at a stretch for them. Got a feeling they're going to try to make a push for Marbury and if Brown wants him gone bad enough they may be able to get him for Hudson, Jaric and change. I'm just hoping that the 'change' isn't Hassle.

Hate, HATE, HATE Marbury with a passion (ya it's petty bitterness over his previous crud) but might actually be able to see the sense to it if they can dump those contracts for his.

Wish Pryzbilla and Garnet could stomach eachother because I'd like to see them on the floor together.

Likely gonna see a similar team next year, but there is an outside chance that they may be able to make a couple moves before next season. Unlike almost everyone else I actually have some hope that our Minnesota GM can get something done.

Certainly seem to be working pretty hard at ensuring a decent pick this year blush.gif

One article I read today said something about that there wasa theory that the wolves were resting KG and playing the young guys so they could hang on to there 1st round draft pick! If they get the 1st thru the 10th draft pick then they don't have to give it to the Clippers over the Jaric trade. It might be a smart play. The season is already a wash.

Anytime that trade is brought up I get steamed all over again. mad.gifconfused.gif

Hind sight is 20/20. I hated Cassel, any professioal athlete the will intentionally not pass to another player for personal reasons is a chump and should be run from the league. I don't care if you like your team mates but you are payed millions of dollars and you darn well better act like a professional when on the court. He acted like a 3rd grader on the play ground.

I would have still rather seen them cut cassell and keep their draft pick rather than picking up Jaric.

They would have still had to pay Cassel this year if they didn't trade him. Its not like the NFL where you can just end a contract. You either trade a guy or pay him until the contract expires. Not a fan of paying a guy to sit out for a year so trading was the only other option.

I guess what I'm trying to say was that if the team is planning on re-building in the near future, giving up a first round draft pick for a player like jaric isn't thw way to do it. Jaric shows promise at times, but Cassel had an great season with the Clippers plus they will most likely get our first round pick. It just doesn't seem like the trade helped us in the meantime and it's not going to help us out in the future either. I guess it was a lose/lose situation to begin with, but I think we could have gone a route without giving up the pick. I guess by now I'm used to having not a whole lot to look forward to on draft day. confused.gif

I am interested in seeing what Cassel does next year. His history in the league shows that when he starts on a new team he plays lights out for the first year and then really falls off the second year. He has done it one several other teams. He plays hard to prove himself the first year but then he gets lazy.

• 3 weeks later...

How about this

A trade rumor: Ricky Davis as part of a Timberwolves package to the 76ers for Allen Iverson.

-- St. Paul Pioneer Press

loving it. Probably won't win a title with AI but sure would be fun to watch.

AI would sell his soul to win a game. He gives 110% every single night, you got to respect that.

between AI and KG there would be alot of emotion on the court for the T-pups. It would be awesome if it happened but I wouldn't bet to much on it.............but I will still cross my fingers!!!

I would love to see those 2 play together. Throw Davis and Jaric as a package deal for AI.