• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trade rumor

IceHawk

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Any one hear about the possible trade of Owalakandi for Darius Miles in Portland? Last night at the health club a buddy heard there is a strong chance this is going to happen. This sounds like a good move the wolves are missing a good 3rd man and this trade could fill the void.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nofishfisherman

• cybermuskie

• Big Pine Walleye

• Fishin Beast

I haven't hear that one...but anyone for Kandi would be a good trade in my opinion!!

Great trade if it worked out. Then we could add a decent Big man and be a pretty fun team to watch.

It would be a good trade but where would miles play since he wouldnt start. The pups already have a good starting rotation with Jaric, Hassell, Wally, KG, and Eddie. I dont think miles would like coming off the bench that well anyway. If the pups want a big man trade Kandi to Boston for Mark Blount who has played well this season in a non starting role and when he starts he has lit up the stat sheet.

There has also been talk of trading Candy and Hassell for K-Mart.

That would definitely be an interesting trade. K-Mart hasn't been the healthiest as of late though.

Blount is way over paid, we will be paying him like 9 million a year toward the end of his deal.

He is also 11th in the league with 3.2 turnovers a game. The other 10 people ahead of him are all starters.

He is turning the ball over 3.2 times a game while only playing half the game. Now thats a nice stat.

I think it would be a marginal deal at best.

its for kandi, the way i see it, if we get anything with a pulse its a good deal. Who ever we get will have the potential for at least something better than kandi, kandi hasnt done anything and probably never will, whats there to lose

I agree Kandi is horrible but if we don't trade him he is gone next year and we have a good amount of money to spend. If we trade him for someone just slightly better but with a long term contract then we are stuck with that other guy. Blount is better then Kandi but he has had problems with effort in Boston from what I have heard.

I think in a few years we will be looking to figure out how to get rid of Blount becuase he is sucking up cap money and not producing enough to justify his salary.

Basically its like having Kandi all over again but this time he is getting paid more for longer.

I want to get rid of Kandi but it isn't smart to take just anyone. Thats probably how we got stuck with Kandi in the first place.

Blount is in the first year of a six year $38 million deal.

I think it is also loaded heavier at the back end as most contracts are.

I would rather no pay a guy like that personally. Considering he is leading the league in turnovers per minute. 3.2 per game and playing 29.4 minutes a game.

How about this trade: Kandi for Utah's Boozer! Boozers still a few weeks away from playing but he could be a stud for us when he comes back! Plus it seems the owner really doesn't like him anyway. Just a thought.

Heard this morning of the kandi and mccants for artest mad.gif. hmm would be interesting enough for me to flip channels if that happend.

I think that this would be a good trade although I would hate to see the only draft pick that the Wolves have had in the 2000's leave that quickly...but they need to upgrade talent NOW!!!!

How about this trade: Kandi and McHale for whatever. McHale has done nothing with this franchise and he should have been gone five years ago. I don't think Blount is the answer. If he is only in the first year of a six year deal then I want no part of that. But I'm sure McHale will pull the trigger on the deal and screw up the Wolves even more.

Can we add T Mike Rosenthal too, maybe he has some b-ball skills, cause his blocking his non-exsistent

Quote:

Heard this morning of the kandi and mccants for artest
mad.gif
. hmm would be interesting enough for me to flip channels if that happend.

We would do that in a New York minute....never happen.

Looks like we can forget about Artest...whew!! It's still unofficial, but Kings are trading Peja for Artest.

Artest balked at the trade. He didn't want to play there. Kings took the offer off the table. So Artest is still being shopped around.

I hope we leave that alone, we've had enough attitudes here. JR & Spree to top the list & he's in their category in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

ESPN's Insider is saying this:

Knicks May Inquirer About Jaric

Feb 13 - The New York Post reports the Knicks, still seeking another point guard may inquire about Minnesota's Marko Jaric.

I say get rid of him, see what ya can get for him! Only thing is the Knicks really don't have anyone worth trading for. They sure aren't going to give up Marbury, Rose or Frye.

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

I agree Jaric just hasn't showed much. I think he has some potential it just hasn't shined with us. I agree trade him. We might be able to get some value for him. I will agree the knicks don't really have much to offer after the names you mentioned.

You would have to send over one more for Richardson. Maybe T-hud. Whatever it is like every Minnesota sport we just need to make one move and we could be winning championships. We need to get rid of some of these average players and start gaining talent.

Maybe we could just get a first round draft pick back....then at least we won't have to wait 5 years to watch the draft again!!

The only problem with Richardson is that he is have a bad year. He's averaging 7.8 points a game,1.6 assists, and has a 3-point ave. of 32.6%

The latest is that the Wolves might be interested in Penny Hardway from the Knicks. But he's 34 and hurt now with knee problems.

I'm not sure if this is a start in the right direction or something that stinks to high heaven but I heard on WCCO 5:30pm news radio that Wolfies are trying to put something together for Marbury shocked.gif

It will be a long shot if it happens but McHale is quoted as wanting to get something done.

PLEASE NOT PENNY! PLEASE!!

Penny would be a big mistake unless his contract is up next season.

Q Richardson is decent player, but his three point shooting ability was greatly inflated by playing with Nash last year. That guy can make three point shooters out of anyone. Raja Bell is hitting two per game this year because Nash penetrates and then kicks out.

McHale would be an idiot to bring Marbury back. He makes $16 million/season. He doesn't like it here, doesn't want to be overshadowed by KG, and he has been a loser everywhere he has been. We have nothing to give other teams since Wally has left. We aren't a playoff team, we won't make the playoffs,and we have too many overpaid average players. McHale should be trying to get # 1 draft picks back. Then again he would screw up that pick too.

McHale with a #1 draft pick again....We don't need another Ebi or Rickert leaving the organization after playing a whopping (maybe) 100 minutes total between the 2!

We need help!

I thought he meant the better richardson, Jason from golden state. Him or Stevie franchise would be great. Jaric and hudson can pack there bags cause they wont be here long.