• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

starting to figure out the crappie bite, been having better luck morning fishing from 5AM till daylite, maybe it will work for you, they seem to like that gulp product better than live bait! been workin for me.

• 2 weeks later...

That wouldn't be east/northeast of town would it? Next to the highway and lots of dead woods in the lake? I've seen a boat in there now and then in the summer. Worth a look in the winter?

that slough is called golden pond, they are catching some sunnies but nothing to write home about. the sloughs I'm talking about are south of town about a mile and a half, east side of hiway 104, now renamed co. rd. 7

Are you familiar with the lake north of county road 40 between Normay Lake and hwy 104? Behind a farm site. I've fished for bass in the summmer in that lake and I saw when I was home at the in-laws for christmas there where 4 or 5 ice houses on there. They spearing for northern? Thought I'd give that lake a try in the winter if it produces anything.

Quote:

How much is the crappie bite? Is it worth a trip down there ? I live in Glenwood. It's a 25 mile drive.

Come on now... only a 25 mile drive?? If you want to know that bad get out there and find out for yourself for Gods sake... Or do you want him to hold your hand and drill your holes for ya?? mad.gif

that would be the sunburg sloughs, nice crappies early evenings, also some sunnies monson has been producing big crappies early mornings, from6am till daybreak. smaller fish late afternoon till about 8pm

Come on now... only a 25 mile drive?? If you want to know that bad get out there and find out for yourself for Gods sake... Or do you want him to hold your hand and drill your holes for ya?? mad.gif

I dont have all the time in the world! It would require me to most likely take work off or skip school... I was just wondering so that I dont have to waste my time... wow

You call that the Sunburg slough? How far does the city limits of Sunburg extend? grin.gif I guess if you say so. I think we are talking about the same lake. Got Crappy's in there you say. Shhh, not to load or the state will be converging on that pond. wink.gif Thanks for the info.

You guys got it good, I drive 45 minutes everytime i want to catch some fish. Having someone drill holes for me would be nice though!

That's one of the reasons a lot of us live up here is so the lakes aren't far away & hopefully we can go more often. In many, many cases we make a significant sacrifice in wages to live up here & therefore gas costs for driving a half an hour versus fishing the 1, 2, 3, 15... lakes that are half as far is a significant consideration. I don't think we should pick on somebody for just asking a reasonable question. For all we know he's going to school & working evenings & doesn't have much time to fish. I wouldn't want to burn one of my limited fishing opportunities on a spot that nobody has any confidence in.

All right, I am in school and work as well... and fish 2-3 times a week. (Not nearly enough, but..) All I am saying is I am tired of the people who don't bother to privatize certain messages to another about fishing. No offense, but unless herringbone is the local bar owner in Sunburg why does he want the whole world at his little crappie hole? 3 weeks from now he will be cursing the fact that the lake is fished out for a four year period. Whatever, I guess. Some people don't realize the power of the tool that they type on. frown.gif

I go to school every day of the week and work every night of the week... I have most of my weekends off...

It's rough to find time to do some serious fishing. sorry.

How deep is this slough? Not Golden Pond, other one. Must be pretty decent not to have winter kill or an aerator. I have only fished from shore and seems pretty shallow on the gravel road side. I'm guessing the deeper area is west northwest side huh? Buddy and I wanted to drop the duck boat in there once to scout it out but afraid to hit some of those stumps and trees under water. confused.gif

I've been catching crappies on several lakes recently, a couple of them I haven't even seen another fisherman on. tried one, caught a bunch, went back a week and a half later, not a track but mine. Not to be greedy, but I kinda like it that way.

Most of the crappies I have found recently have been in 17-27 feet of water. They have been by the bottom in most cases. Perch colored go devil with a wax worm or small minnow has seen the best results with a glow hook and minnow following close behind. I've had to hole hop a lot to keep on the aggresive fish. Really right now I think the crappies are going on most bodies of water.

well, I'm not a bar owner thank god, but I truly love fishing and I know what it's like to sit in a house all day and not have any luck. just trying to maybe help another fisherman have some fun.

Herringbone - Which gulp product do you like the best for crappies and what color would you recommend. I'm considering trying the stuff. I have been having fair luck on a local lake with Eurolarve and crappie minnows but recently I've been marking a lot fish that I can't get to bite. It could be that they aren't crappies.

Nels

crappie nibbles seem to work the best, they look like tiny marshmallows I've had luck with hot pink or yellow, sunnies seem to like it too, good luck to you.

just wanted to thank everyone for the response from this site, also wanted to update everyone on the crappie situation, theey seem to have slowed down alittle, also they seem to be smaller than usual, but still fun, would like to get someone to come with me out there some time,any takers?