• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

anything worth-while?

corey kostelecky

Any lakes around the metro producing any fish that are worth the work in dragging all gear through all that snow thats on top of the ice? Would prefer to use a wheeler to get to a location! Its sems like too much work dragging a trap-voyager and all the gear by hand!! Any reports on isle bay--mille lacs, heard theyre, catching 12"-14" jumbo perch? this true?

Yes.. fish have been biting around the metro. I will not specify my locations to avoid excessive traffic.

The walleye and crappie action has been consistant.

Not all lakes are safe.. still have to be careful out there. 4"-6" is the average overall for ice thickness, but there are plenty of thin spots out there... cross country travel(on foot) should be avoided on some metro waters.

I've been out a couple times now and not even a "dink" perch or sunfish bite??? I'd really like to know how, when, where people are gettin the "bite", okay, maybe not "where", because i inderstand "totally", but i'm very discouraged this early in the season!!!! frown.gifconfused.gif never had this problem b4 Maybe im a "ROOKIE" hopefully not, been doing it for a long time!! I've never had this problem b4???

What lakes have you been fishing? There are quite a few people here that are more than willing to help point a person in the right general direction without giving out their secret spot.

I'm all for pulling the gear behind the wheeler.. but where I fish, its foot traffic only(inner Minneapolis lakes).

The area I have been focusing on now is a large 8' flat with sporatic weeds, I have been fishing at the break to slightly deeper water(20'). I have my putting my house on 11'-12' of water, and have plenty of fish down to 7'.. nothing deeper than 12'.

Every lake is different. If we knew what lake you were fishing, somebody may chime in and give you a head start.