• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Best lake to meet some of you and some "gills"

Since I am gonna be "batchin" it after the 7th when I get up there, I was wondering what would be a good place to spend my evenings icefishing and be able to share an adult beverage and swap lies with some of you? I'd like to put some faces to names as well as a few fish in my bucket.

Wade,

A real close spot right in town is the St Louis river up by boyscout landing. You can pick up eye's, pout, even sturgeon and its only a few minutes to get to from wherever your at. From downtown take I-35 south til you get to the Grand Ave exit (its a left lane exit). Follow that for about 5 miles and you'll go thru an area called Gary/New Duluth. You will see a sign for Hwy 105 that goes to the left to Wisconsin, and about 1 block after that (before the big right hand corner) go straight and down the hill you 'll be at the landing. You'll see others out there and you can walk a short distance and be on fish. That new vex will come in handy getting on the edge of the channel to jig. I'm sure there will be others down there too.

I know where that is, the road to WI goes to Oliver. Is the covered bridge with the train tracks still there? I lived in Gary in a mobile home park where I rented a place when I was a Navy Recruiter stationed in Duluth in 1989-92.

I used to put my boat in at that landing. I have some GREAT stories about my time in Duluth I can't wait to share.