• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

This year's Marcum VS 560

GearIntensive

Question

Got on the waiting list for a VS 560 in October and I'm getting the serious run-around from Marcum on their VS 560 shipments this year. Just heard from a "major" retailer that they may not hit until late Feb or beginning of March due to two different "parts" problems. Does anyone know if there are any significant changes in this years model vs. last years? I have a local store that has two of last years left over. Thanks for any input as I know there are several electronics experts on this site.

13 answers to this question

Which model AquaView? I'm going to cancel my order for the MarCum at Reed's and switch it to an Aquaview...I'm definitely over the MarCum marketing plan...

Just got off the phone with Reed's, changed my order to the DT 100. I will have my camera this week! Finally! Heading to Devil's lake on the 26th and plan on playing with it. I believe if I waited for MarCum to get off their bottom ends it wouldn't be until next ice season, if even then!

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed mine. A bird in the hand is better than one in the bush, eh?

GearIntensive-

I can't believe that you have found a local store with VS560's from last year. I have one of last years 560's and it is fantastic. There are a few 560 features that are incredibly handy. I really like the panning feature, both manual and autopan. The remote control comes in quite handy as well. I wouldn't hesitate on purchasing one of last years models at all.

Hanson,

I have a small, independent sporting goods retailer near my home and they always carry the specialized, hard-to-get stuff. Last week he had 2 Marcum 560's left from last year and today he only had one. After verifying that the warranty is good for one year from the date of purchase I bought his last one - he was very happy as he says this December has been absolutley terrible for him. I'm looking forward to trying the VS over the X-Mas break. Thanks for your input!

I picked up a 560 at fleet farm today. I couldn't believe they had one. I think it was last years inventory alot of dough though.

I picked one up at fleet yesterday in Baxter also. I had talked to the customer service at marcum last week and he told me that there was a rumor that there was a shipment headed to fleet farm but he was unable to confirm that. I guess it was true. Can't wait to use it.

I think you guys got this years inventory. I could be wrong but I'm about 90% sure that Fleet Farm just started carrying Marcum products this year.

Let us know how it works for you. We are planning on upgrading this winter.

It may be this years, but sounds like it's last years model. I just about picked up an LX-3 last year from Fleet Farm, so they've caried Marcum for at lease a year now.

I found one at Fleet in Fargo. They said that they received two in the morning and I got the last. Marcum had told me that there were no changes this year. I don't know what model year mine was.

Quote:

It may be this years, but sounds like it's last years model. I just about picked up an LX-3 last year from Fleet Farm, so they've caried Marcum for at lease a year now.

MMMMMM eating my shoe on this one. grin.gif