• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice on Duck, Eagle, Ballantyne???

Hey ive heard a lot of ice reports from some of the other lakes... any one been out to any of these three lakes? if so how much ice we got out on them? thanks.

Havent been on Eagle lately, but before the snow the ice wasnt great. 4 inches some spots less in others. It should be catching up although the wind is always blowing out there. Its going to be cold so maybe worth a shot.

I stopped to look but did not have any equip with I saw a few portables out there where were you in relation to the landing? i fished this lake alot last winter had fair luck with crappies

I believe I saw you out there I usually had better luck a little further out than that but I believe it gets aroud 35 to 40 fow out there not sure how the ice would be that far out yet hope to see you out there some time good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hit Balantyne last night did not get started as early as I would have liked almost dark when I got set up I was still a little cautious as i was unsure of the ice but I was surprised to find 8 to 10 inches of good ice. Got a chance to try out my new lx-3 a couple looked to be larger marked alot of fish but could not buy a bite The two I did get I pulled in a couple small crappie slow night stayed till 8:30 felt good to get out again.