• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey guys;

I'm going to try Fosters soon and was wondering if there are special regs or dates on the trout that are in there?

Steve

Let me be the first to welcome you aboard Steve. It is nice to see another local fisherman joining FM. Secondly, I am sorry, but I do not know the special trout regs for Fosters. I am sure that any of the local bait shops can give the info you are looking for, and I know someone wiser than I about that pond will be glad to post what you need to know soon. Please be careful on that ice, and give us a follow up on how you did out there. Once again welcome, and don't be a stranger. grin.gif

Welcome to FishingMinnesota.com Steve. It is a good thing when we see new names floating around here....a new perspective.

Foster has year round trout availablity. The limit is three with one being able to be over 16 inches. You must be in possession of a trout stamp to keep the trout. All other fish are under that inland regs rules.

Foster can have greatly variable ice, especially early ice or when, like now, we have a mess of snow cover the ice when it is yet thin. One person has already been thru out there. The ice woes are compounded by the presence of several very active springs which can shift almost daily. Make no mistake, these springs can and do erode the ice. In the area of the north central shoreling one biggie exists and the beach area is the other area where problems will most likely occur. In fact the beach area seems to have open water somewhere all season, even during the coldest of weather. As a rule, if yoou stay where the masses are at you'll be ok.

Small to medium minnows, jigs with waxies, jigging spoons are all good to take the trout. There are some bruisers in there to keep you on your toes, but 4 pound line on a reel with a good drag will get the job done nicely.

Again, welcome to FM! Let us know how you do.

Isn't that exactly what I told you Scuba Steve? Not very creative with the name! What kind of name is Gorder anyway? Norwegian?

You must be in possession of a trout stamp to keep the trout. All other fish are under that inland regs rules.

do you need a stamp just to fish there. or just to keep trout?