• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Zumbro Saugers and Walleyes

I was just wondering what happens to the walleye/sauger in the Zum river during the winter. Do they stick around the (Contact US Regarding This Word) at Macs or do they head back down stream? If they head back down stream, is there anyway/place to target them??? I didn't know if any of the holes between Hammond or ZF would freeze hard enough later to walk on. Just curious.

I think I have only seen ice thick enough for kids to ice skate on once. Very rarely does it freeze. Too much current.

I have never went after eyes and saugers from shore during the winter, but that might be a great idea. I know of a couple deeper pools that might hold a fish or two.

Dan- Maybe we could get together some evening after work and try for a couple of hours. If they are there, I'm guessing there is a small window near dusk that they would be active.