• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tonka Perch?

Is there a trick to catching a keeper perch out there? I would like something to keep me busy till the walleye bite. Right now all I can manage is 6"ers or less. Or should I just try for other panfish or not even bother at all?

Cubbies

No jumbo perch in Tonka to my knowledge. About a billion 4 to 6 inchers but have never caught or seen one bigger than that. They might be hanging out in the main lake basins where nobody chases after them but that would take a ton of searching.

I got one that was nine inches about ten years ago. I don't know why tonka won't produce jumbos, or any metro lakes for that matter. I did catch one in redrock lake a few years ago but it was loaded with grubs! tongue.gif

I agree with the others...never seen anything over 6". Suggest you work on panfish. Of course they tend to run small also.