• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 1 month later...

Hey you ever find any thing out about this lake or been there recently.Used to fish this lake as a kid and would like to try it out again.heard there is monster crappy in there if you no where to look.

We have a cabin on Shell. The next year and a half is going to be bad. I was up a couple of weeks ago and there are a million small perch 3-4 inches. Iwent out to 16 ft and there were more only 1-2 inch. I caught all the northerns you could ask for and they were full of perch. There are big panny's in there, but you do have to search around or follow a local around. The walleyes were hitting alittle at early ice but shut down now.my guess is next winter or the opener after that the lake will be like Mille lacs was after the forage disappeared. Also the northerns are getting bigger. Good luck Kid

Yeah know a few people who let me in on a few pan fish spots.Never got to try them though my father has a place just up the road would like to give it a try possibly ice out. This maybe soon with the weather in all laugh.gif

doesnt live in area just has a place there my family is from ponsford area though.Larson Crowell family

• 3 months later...

Is anybody going to fish this for opener? Or planning on fishing it durring open water?

I had very limited success last year on two outings and hope to fish it again this year. I caught a few small walleyes that were border line keepers. Some relatives caught some fish that were in the keeper range.

Does anyone have success going after crappies?

I'll be there this weekend. My family has a cabin on Shell.

• 3 weeks later...

I fished Shell quite a bit this weekend. I caught some nice sunnies and crappies. I caught a bunch of snakey northerns, a couple little perch and one chubby bullhead. No walleyes. I tried fishing of of a point that dropped decently into 14 feet where I had caught them before but no success this time.

Is anybody getting any walleyes?

• 7 months later...

Is anyone ice fishing this lake? Any one having any luck? I am hoping to get out and fish it February for panfish.