• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Last weekend we fished the bay.

20+ people on the ice but not much for fish.

Ice was around 4" with patchy areas.

Have not been on the lake since last snow.

JUST CAME OFF THE LAKE AND SUPRISED AS I WAS THERE WAS ABOUT 6"OF ICE MOST AREAS I HAD CHECKED , FISHED FROM 2:30 TILL ABOUT 5:30 PM WITH ONLY TWO KEEPERS 1 11" CRAPPIE & 1 81/2"-9" GILL AND LOTS AND LOTS OF 5"-6" GILLS AND CRAPPIES

MARKED ALOT OF BIGGER FISH THAT WOULD NOT HIT MY CRAPPIE MINNOW OR WAXIE I'M THINKIN' THEY WERE MOST LIKELY BASS JUDGING BY THE WAY THE JUST EVER SO GENTLY COME UP TO MY WIGGLERS. AT TIMES IT WAS KIND OF FRUSTRATING KNOWING THAT YOU JUST SMOKED A 11" CRAPPIE I GUESS THATS WHY THEY CALL IT FISHIN' NOT CATCHIN'!!!

Hey LuckyCrank. I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but just wondering how many boats you have signed up for next years' bass tournaments?

z-nail, havent received my permits yet from what I've heard there are a lot of permits for our region. 85 I believe the dnr said when I called to confirm reciept of my applications 'however I added 5 MORE BOATS THIS YEAR AND RAISED ENTRY 20$ TO 90/EVENT AND PAY OUT WILL BE GREATER THAN LAST YEAR.

FROM WHAT I GATHER MOST TEAMS HAD FUN LAST YEAR AND WANT TO FISH AGAIN IN 2006 I WILL POST A ON LINE APPLICATION WHEN I RECIEVE WORD OF PERMIT APPROVAL........KEEP IN TOUCH!

OH AND DONT PARK AT KADERLICS BAY IF YOU DON'T WONT A PARKING TICKET SEEMS THEY WILL GIVE YOU A TICKET FOR PARKING BACKWARDS ALONG THE ROAD !!!!! AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY OUR LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS GET NO RESPECT!!!!!

Eighty-five seems like quite a few tournies for this area. Is that way up from last year that you know of? I will definitely keep in touch. I still want to get down to the bait shop and check it out. Even though it's below zero right now, I'm still thinking about bass fishing. Is the Faribault Chamber putting on another tourney in '06?

I've heard there have been problems in recent years at Shields (parking on that road). I try to stay clear of the area.

AS FAR AS I KNOW THERE WILL BE A CHAMBER EVENT NEXT YEAR I ALSO HEARD OF ANOTHER WASHINGTON TOURNEY, SOUNDED LIKE $4000 PAY OUT, STILL HAVENT SEEN ANY FLYERS OR HEARD ANY MORE OF IT SINCE FALL CLASSIC.

DOBBER,

TENTATIVE DATES ARE AS FOLLOWS (LURA LAKE 6/04/06)

(LAKE FRANCES 7/09/06)-( CEDAR LAKE- RICE COUNTY 8/06/06)

(LAKE JEFFERSON 8/12/06) (SHEILDS LAKE 9/09/06 SAT.) (CHAMPIONSHIP 9/10/06) PENDING APPROVAL OF PERMITS ?

KATO,

ACTUALLLY, NO I HAVENT BUT MINE ARE ALL SUNDAYS EXCEPT SHEILDS SO THERE SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM

ANYONE CAN FISH AS LONG AS YOUR ENTRY IS PRE-PAID BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT ,

HOWEVER TEAM ENTRIES OF $450 PAID IN FULL FOR ALL 5 EVENTS WILL BE GIVEN FIRST CHANCE.

SINGLE TOURNAMENT TEAM ENTRIES WILL BE EXCEPTED AFTER A DEADLINE WICH I WILL SET AFTER RECEIPT OF PERMITS AND PRIOR TO RELEASE OF APPLICATIONS. (NOT TO EXCEED 25 BOATS)

ok never fished the lakes you mentioned but I might have to see if I can talk my good bass fishing buddy into partnering up with me. I will let you know. Parters of 2 per boat right not 3?

How has the fishing and the ice been on Shields? I'll be at my parents' in Northfield for Christmas and I'd like to get out with my dad one of the days I'm home. I prefer to target eyes and crappies but if it's really slow I'll go for whatever is biting. Thanks!

Well it has to pick up at some point right? Hopefully the day I'm out. I'll probably have to give it a shot anyway. Are there many perms out yet? I've only fished Shields a couple times but I recall the cluster of houses being out in front of the boat landing a little ways. They're probably on the spot I want to fish but I like keeping my distance from the little cities.

looking for a ride to any lake have everything just cant drive this year dui live in owatonna need to get on the ice