• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has anyone been out?

My youngest son and I were on Fish lake 12/10 and caught tons of sm.perch, a handful of sunfish, and a few crappies. Nothing to brag about, but just enough for dinner. Fish were preferring waxies.

I'm hearing good reports all around this area. I'm really waiting for good ice on Grindstone, hoping to snag some Lakers!

Merry fishing to all! And to all a good bite!

Great report Kris!

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota and keep those reports coming!!

Cory Frantzick

hey fish hawk chris...my parents have a cabin near askov and i was looking to get up there (now that finals are over) and wet my line in some of the local lakes. i have never fished up there before but fish lake is only a couple of miles away from the cabin. could you throw out some advice out on where on the lake to fish for crappies/sunnies or maybe even walleyes if there are any. i have a lake map so you could refer to that. thanks for any help and will keep you posted on how it goes if i get up there soon.

My suggestion is if you waant Pike fish Oak Lake in Duquette. I have caught a 38 inch through the ice and there are bigger ones in there. It has some walleyes also.

Where is your parents cabin near Askov? I am heading to the inlaws that live there in a few hours.

Golden gopher,

Sorry for the delay with info, was in St.Paul at St.Catherine's watching my beautiful wife recieve her Masters in Occupational therapy on her 30th B-day, it was very special.

Anyways, as far as Fish lake is concerned, there is no map. If you go south of the islands to the main lake, it's pretty much a bowl. Fish the center (12+ ft.) for mostly 8-9" crappies. If you fish near shore in the same depth you'll catch some crap's mixed with a few sunfish, and some pushing 9". I've been out twice the latest being 12/17 all afternoon. It's slow during the day, but if you are lucky enough to have a flasher, time can really fly. The action can be fast and furious 1/2 hour before sunset. We've had best success with waxworms on no particular jig. The west bay has some deeper water off the hill, but no one seems to stay back there long.

Should be enough ice to drive now, there was 8-10" of ice on sat. And we had -13+ deg.this morn.

I live almost on Upper Pine. Have'nt seen much going on. Better structure than fish, but much less quality panfish. Oh, and before I forget, there are some dandy pike in Fish Lake.

Hope this helps!

Kris