• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A buck that might make a good head mount

Mark Christianson

I got this from FM'er Johnny B.

Details are short, but is a Wisconsin deer.

recordbuckcorraldurandwimedium.jpg ooo.gif

I have never put a deer mount on the wall, but that...would definitly justify the cost and the hassle I would take from the warden(wife).

I got some pictures with the same deer in it but there is a little kid and his young dad with it and claimed it was shot in Durand Wi.

Think this was done with photo shop

Yumpin je hosofat! I do believe that is indeed the bridge over the Chipp in Durand. Must be a Buffalo or Pepin Co bruiser.

Send me those pics, I will post them too!

[email protected]

One thing to note on this deer. The name of the pic that I got was durand something or other.

It does look like that bridge Cooter, I've been across that bridge before...

And Buffalo County will definitely grow em like that. ALL those hunters over there have been into the QDM thing for a long time and their results sure show it!

I saw a similarly sized deer shot in Trempeleau County this year too. Real massive horns and 190" green score. I hadn't seen this one, but my brother had seen a picture in the paper that I think was the same one.

Man there are some MONSTER deer shot every year in both Wisc. and MN... The pictures this year on the FM boards have been amazing!

Oops Mark I sent you the wrong ones, the first ones I sent are suppose to be from Ham Lake Mn but.....

The only info that was provided was that it was shot this year in Durand Wisconsin and they thought it was a record buck. It certainly would be a Boone & Crocket deer, but I don’t know about anything more than that.

Does anyone know if that tag looks like this year’s Wisconsin site-tag?

This was also attached to the e-mail I received: " It was taken by bow.

It was shot by Tom Lee, it's being called the Bear Creak Buck or Lee buck if you read any articles"

By bow! That makes it even more impressive! It would certainly make the books in that case.

The background from the first photo(not the bridge shot)is certainly Buffalo Co. Does that thing have a broken tine on its left side?

I question whether it was taken by bow.

Whats the big wound on the right front shoulder?

If his knife slipped, I am glad I wasnt in the area. crazy.gif

Its still flat out amazing!

Bufflao county records as many P&y or B&C bucks as any county in the U.S.A. I spent 3 days there a few years ago looking for land to hunt and came up with 1 farmer that would let us hunt and the rest wanted some greenbacks and not cheap,but they do have huge deer.

I don't know about the right shoulder, but there was snow and no green vegetation there during the gun season... I don't hunt but one county over from there and I'm sure it couldn't have been that much different weather.

Right on!

Good catch.

My kid asked last night why I dont shoot bucks like this.

I just stuttered and couldnt answer....LOL

Tell your kid its because you can't afford to buy or lease land down there - tell him to start saving for law or med school! I'm in the same boat, hunted 5 different farms down there while growing up and now can't even hunt my mother's cousins land.

Also, an earlier reply said it was a bow kill. The pics were too early in the year for gun plus he has no orange on in the field pic.

Just realized that I actually held this deers rack. I stopped in at Ogdens processing, opened the cooler and just about fainted when I saw it. It indeed has a broken tine on its left side - it would have been a lot more bone on the rack cuz the base for that broken tine on the main beam was pretty amazing. Couldn't get my index and thumb around this guys main beam in front of the G2 on left side. Awesome indeed. Anyone know where this Tom Lee lives? I would assume Eau Claire areas just because it ended up at Ogdens.

Some new info - the guy who shot it, Tom Lee, lives in Eau Claire, supposedly the local paper did a write up on it. Also, may have been shot in Pepin Co, not Buffalo Co. Pepin Co is just north of Buffalo Co - across the Chipp River. I'll try to find the story and get a score.