• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pleasant

Got out yesterday for the first time. Really slow did not mark a whole lot. Manage to get 1 pike and 2 largemouths. Beer tasted good and it was fun to be walking on water again.

Was out again today. 4 crapies, 2 walleyes, 1 pike. Crappies were small but there are some bigger ones in there. Walleyes were both about 18 in. Careful out there found a spot where there was only 2 in. of ice. Most of the lake has 6-7 in. of ice.

Did you run into any slush? I ran the sled along the east shore Mon night and hit a few slush spots. I noticed a few more houses out there. I'm going to try and get our Fri if I get my christmas gifts finished first.

there is a layer of slush under the snow. I think its making the ice worse. Anyone else finding this ice in the st. cloud area?

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

I have been running all over area lakes and the ice is typically the same everywhere. All I can stress is slush slush slush frown.giffrown.gif Hopefully the rain misses us we don't need it now it's already a mess out there!!!!

• 1 month later...

Was out on Pleasant tonight from 5:20 to 8 pm. Was pretty slow. Graphed some fish on the vexilar, caught on nice crappie 14". That was it. Was pretty windy and raining. Had 13" of ice out straight from the access and 400 Supper Club. 3 trucks and a car were running around out there. Not sure if i would have been doing that with the warm weather.

Bigdaddy I am one of thoes trucks (black)the eyes are still biteing pick up 4 and 8 crappies two that were 16"wed night

All I will say is they want it small (enought said)

Was out this morning from 7 to 11 am. Caught a small crappie and two little northerns. Was marking alot of fish, but were not biting. Tried small crappie minnows & Berkley Gulp maggots. And alot of differnet jigs.

18-20ft end to end hard bottom and it is a late bite and early morning real early.gtg have a bite.

I was was out there from 1:30-9pm. Caught a dozen crappies in 32 fow. The bigger ones were suspended. Marked a lot of fish all day and not one nibble until almost dark. Most of them were around 8", the biggest was 12.5" The ice out there looks really good, 12". I really want to get to the south end by the point. That is a LONG walk from the access, is there any way on from the south? Where I was tonight the ice looked good enough to drive on(good clear ice), I did see one truck drive out tonight though. It was really thundering as the temps dropped. Anyone else have any luck??

That truck was me ice was making a lot of noise dam cold fronts really slowed things down.fish were down there on

the camera just lookers.Ice is fine on that end 14" plus.

Lots of pike action till dark.

I went out tonight and fished the south end. Same thing pretty slow. A few small perch right away, a small sunnie at sundown, and a 10" crappie after dark. Couldn't stay as long as I wanted to, a little too cold to stay out there after you run out of propane. I have one more spot I want to try on the south end before I start fishing the hole again.

Went out to try Pleasant last night, from 4-7. Got about 6, had them under me most of the time though. They were pretty small, biggest being 9 inches. All went back as they were hardly jumping on the bait. Used minnows, kinda wished I had the time to stop and get some worms of some sort. Ice was pretty thick, but its not too far of a walk so the truck stayed on shore grin.gif

a lot of questions... anyone been out here lately?? how thick is the ice after this cold week? i really like that south end, jimbo are you still catching em'? i see atv's coming out off that point is it private property or is there somewhere a guy can park and walk out? is there any daytime panfish bite or should i just wait until evening? i really don't want to mess around with pike.

thank you

The point is private. I've seen vehicles out there. I'm personally never comfortable driving on ice, especially under 2 feet thick.