• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wilson Bay Gull

Has anyone had any luck on wilson this year or years past? I would like to put my fish house in there and just want to know an area to try or is it even worth it?

Can be good fishing, but very tough access. The Hunters Point area is always a tricky spot, and if we get a thaw or a lot of snow it could be a nightmare.

Dan

Wilson offers tremendous fall walleye fishing for some big fish and in past years it was a hot spot for big winter crappies. But like Dan said it is a tough one for access with the thin ice in the area of the channel.

Jason Erlandson

Are you saying the trouble is thin ice in the area to enter wilson? Is that the main problem to get through. Can You get a house in with an atv?

In the past there have been vehicles that have went down in front of the mouth to Wilson. Anglers do drive over the tip of Hunters point. But for myself it's always been an area I've stayed away from. Channel areas make me nervous. You may be OK with an ATV but just use caution.

Jason Erlandson

The only way I go on Wilson Bay is with a 4 wheeler. We go over the point, then fish northwest of the island.