• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LOWRANCE H20C CHIPS

Walleye Warrior

Question

My dad is getting me the above unit for Xmas. I know I want to get a chip for it. I live in Hibbing, so I would be using the chip for the lakes in the northern part of the state as well as maybe LOW in Canada. Which chip do you think would be my best bet? Lakemaster, Navionics, etc. I don't want to buy a chip that I'm never going to use or doesn't have alot of detail. Any opinions or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Go to each of the chips' websites and look at the list of lakes that are on each chip. I have a lakemaster chip, but they sell a separate chip for lake of the woods. Your choice will depend on which lakes you fish.

Walleye Warrior-

You are going to love that thing! I have the Lakemaster MN chip in mine. Lakemaster has a complete list of all the lakes that have bottom contours on them on their website. The Lake of the Woods chip (US side) is available separately. It is very sweet.

Thanks for the info guys. On the non-listed lakes, can I assume that they have very vague lake maps. Sorta like the ones that are in the Sportsman's Lake Map books. I've got the St. Louis County one. From the lakes listed on LakeMaster, I can only see three that I would fish: Winnie and Cutfoot. Let me know if my assumption is correct. Thanks again, guys.

Mike