• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Need info on my old Jiffy ice auger

Wishin2BFishin

Question

I have an old Jiffy 3 hp model 30 serial number 52036 and I never got a manual with it when I bought it. Looking to find out what the correct spark plug number is? Think it's a "J16" but not sure. Also looking for someplace online to get parts for this?

Thanks for any help...

4 answers to this question

I don't have the plug number off hand but jiffy does pack up a spark plug with a bottle of oil and fuel stabilizer combined that you add to one gallon of gas. It makes it easy to get the right fuel/oil mixture and you get the right plug if you select the package marked jiffy model 30

"J 17 lm" get a diapram also.

Congratulations you now own the most indestructible ice auger ever built....heavy but they don't die... grin.gif

Old Jiffys Rule..... grin.gif

Thanks for the info guys! Yea Jiffy is the best! I bought this auger in the mid 80's from a guy who never did any maintenance to it. The gears that run the auger were wasted. I only paid $50.00 for the Jiffy and the parts were only $40.00. I don't use it as much as you guys do out there cause there's just not that many days that the ice is safe.

Funny, a friend of mine asked me this same question last night. The plug is a RJ-17LM and the spark gap should be set to 0.030".

They have the owners manual on their website in .pdf format.