• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tiger GPS?

hoggs222

Question

Has anybody ordered a gps from these guys? I ordered one 12 days ago & they keep giving me the runaround on my iH20 Color! They still haven't shipped it. I told them I need it by Friday & if they haven't overnight shipped it by Thursday, I'm cancelling my order! Could I buy one from a store around here, use it for a weekend & return it? I'm heading to Mille Lacs Friday & would like to use it.

Anyone else have a struggle with them?

I have a H2oc coming from Tiger--I called yesterday and they said their shipment was just coming in. Long story short I recieved an e-mail from them today saying that my GPS will be here on Friday. I also recieved a tracking number, so I do know that it is coming!! I would give them a call--they were very friendly and I am sure that they will answer your questions! Best of luck-- I sure hope mine shows up on Friday as I am ready to use it!!

I ordered one from Tiger Dec. 4th. Just got off the phone with them and they told me it will ship either this afternoon or tomorrow. So, sounds like giving them a call is the way to go.

I called before I posted & she didn't know when it would ship. The trouble I'm having with all of this is that when I ordered it, their website said in stock. I probably wouldn't have ordered it if it was on backorder.

I don't think many stores are going to take the GPS back at full price if you buy one, use it for the weekend and return it... a lot of places (best buy for example) charge a 15% resotcking fee on electronics like GPS... I'd wait till you get yours...

marine_man

I ordered and received a H20C from them about a week ago. It took about 10-12 days fr it to ship. It was shipping direct from somewhere, it was not in their stock room.

Well... I paid more for my H20c when I ordered it from Lakemaster but they gave me no nonsense what-so-ever and I've had mine for about 2 weeks now. I received 3 e-mails updating me on the status of my order as well.

Lakemaster didn't have any in stock when I ordered but their shipment arrived approximately 3-4 days after my order and I had the unit in my hands 2 days later. Very good service.

Hope you guys receive them soon. It is a very sweet unit, but by the sound of it, I'm glad I decided to pay a few extra bucks.

-hoggs I orderd mine november 30th and recieved it on monday the 12th And as far as i know they have never had them in stock. Also I think you are kinda out of luck on trying to find one at a store most stores dont even have them yet. I also heard if they do get them they are in such demand they are only getting them in limited quantities. Tiger gps was pretty good on communication i think they have a lot of demand just as everybody does. frown.gif But if its any help, no matter who you get it from its well worth the wait. Ten times better then the monochrome one, in my opinion. laugh.gif

I ordered a HuntC from Tiger on Nov 28. It arrived on Dec 1st and I tried it that weekend. Love it and the new Map Create mapping software. Already have the Lakemaster in My Boat.

I got one question....

How long does the Hunt C last on AA batteries alone?

I was thinking about getting a H2O C and just wondering how long the batteries will last.

Yeah I saw that on their web-site too. That is also in perfect condidtions and at the lowest battery draw setting possible.

The reason I asked is I heard that they only last around 1 hour while using outdoors. I find that really hard to believe but thats what I heard from a retailer.

So I was just wondering what people have found out from using them.

Local Guide, nothing could be further from the truth. I used the iFINDER H2Oc during three days of quail hunting in Arizona. Used it this past Monday fishing a couple of lakes. I see no issue with the batteries.

As an aside, the backlight on the iFINDER H2Oc is much brighter than the backlight on the iFINDER HUNTc!!

dockehr

Dr. Roland E. Kehr, Jr.

REED'S MATCHED THEIR PRICE!!

I picked up my new H2O C at Reed's on Monday. I had called and got my name on a list about a week and a half ago because they had sold out of them and they were expecting more in.

I brought in a print out of the price sheet from TigerGPS and they matched it. I also bought the LakeMasterMN chip, and the RAM mount for it.

I wanted to spend my money locally and I will continue to give my business to REED'S.

I am so happy, it is a sweet unit!!

Not good...I ordered mine on Monday the 12th. The banner page said, "expected shipping date Monday the 12th." I ordered it, and got an email the next day saying that it was shipped out and gave me an estimated shipping date as the 16th..ie. today. I will let you know if I get it but from the sounds of it, it sounds like that is kind of the story all of you have been getting. I checked my account and I saw that the money was debited from my account. Does that ring a bell with all of you guys/gals?

I am not sure how long the batteries will hold up in the HuntC. I used it for about 12 hours but, I plugged it into the Cig lighter adapter everytime we changed hunting locations. I gave my Son my old Ifinder and he went through one set of batteries and I am still using the originals. I figure I have about 10- 12 hours on just the batteries. It says it still has over 50% of battery power left.

Clayton

When I bought mine, it said you should receive it within 2-7 days or something. I tried price matching with Actions Fishing, no go. I'd rather buy local, but when the local guys are $50-$60 higher. I could almost buy the LOW lakemaster chip for that much more!

Blueman, I ordered the H2Oc on Dec. 2 and have yet to get the 2nd email indicating it has shipped. The website states that you will not be charged until the order ships but I see my cc account was charged on the day I ordered it. I questioned them via email about this and asked for free upgrade to overnight shipping. They said I have been upgraded to overnight but no response to the same day billing. I'm going to stay the course for now as I've already got the monochrome but I am disappointed and may never go back to them. I'll just wait and see.

Hey guys, your going to get more than 1 hour out of the batteries. I think your going to see battery life in the 4-6 hour range with constant use in the ice fishing environment (inside your shack, outside your shack, in the truck, etc.) I haven't stood outside in the cold for the duration of the battery life but I've experienced 4-6 hours with a combination of inside/outside & warm/cold environments with lots of panning/zooming/regenerating with the backlight on.

I can tell you that I am going to rig up a vex battery in a tank bag on my snowmobile with a cigarette lighter adapter just so I don't have to burn up the double AA's.

I just sent them an email stating that if I don't hear anything back from them soon, I'm cancelling my order and that bad service seems to echo quite a long way. I paid for it over 2 weeks ago & it said that it was in stock. I called and they said they'd overnight it to me the next day. That was over a week ago. BBB here we come!

I as the rest of have the same problem with TigerGPS. I ordered mine on 120405 and have had the same run around. I gave many examples of the customer service people's BS and wrote this-"I'm sorry about all the email stuff here but as your add states you have a 5 star service, you have guaranteed lowest prices and shipping is on the same day. Something isn't quite right here. Maybe you should re-train your customer service people so they can at least tell it like it is. You should also put it on your web site if you have it in stock or it is back ordered. ALL I ASK IS THAT YOU FOLKS BE HONEST TO US FOLKS THAT BUY FROM YOU. HOPEFULLY THE MAIN BOSS WILL SEE THIS EMAIL. AWAITING THE PRODUCT I ORDERED. THANK YOU."

Maybe something will happen. Maybe not. I'll wait 1 more week then try and get my money back.

Odd...I just ordered my H20 on thurs. night, and they shipped it out on friday, and will be arriving today(Monday). I sprung for the $6.25 for next day air, and so far the tracking shows that DHL picked it up on Friday morning, and that it will arrive today. I guess I lucked out with my order. Good luck with all of yours.

Not only that Josh, but their own web page for the unit(in huge block letters) said that the H20-c was a preorder, and they would begin shipping them sometime around December 12th, as that the was the expected date they would get them. I too had an order in since the beginning of the month, and then requested the expedited shipment, and according to DSL tracking will be to me today. Something smells around this thread!

Well...an update on my previous post. I did indeed receive the H20 this morning around 8:30. If it wasn't for me ordering it right before the weekend, it would have been here in the proper shipment window. So for all of the negative TigerGPS reviews, here is a positive one. Not only did I get it on time, I was able to use AOL Instant Messenger to talk to their customer service to make sure the order was going as planned.

The only explanation I can think of for your orders being late, is that when you ordered, the icon on the product page said "not in stock" or "Pre-order only," like Braley said above. Whatever the reasons, I hope that your orders get to you before Christmas so you can enjoy them over the holidays. Good Luck.

Nope, It said "In Stock". I wouldn't have ordered it if it was a pre-order. I called a few days later & they confirmed that it would be shipping soon. They're giving me the runaround.

Quote:

Nope, It said "In Stock". I wouldn't have ordered it if it was a pre-order. I called a few days later & they confirmed that it would be shipping soon. They're giving me the runaround.

Well I don't know why it would be taking so long then. Possibly because of the next day air promo they have going, the orders(like mine) that use that option, have precedence over the ground orders(not sure if that's what you used). Who knows, all I am going to say is that I had good luck with them. And again, hopefully your gps gets shipped out and gets to you ASAP so you can enjoy it over the holidays. Good luck.

I hope it gets here by this weekend! I'm going to Mille Lacs, LOTW & Red Lake next week.

Ordered my H2O on the 16th and had it by the 21st. Very satisfied and excited to start using the unit grin.gif