• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What is second best?

Braley

Question

Alright, I am giving up on Marcum supplying me a VS 560 underwater camera. What is the second best camera? Are the Quad cameras from Aqua view holding up or should I go with the panning Alantis? Down viewing is appealing to me, and the quad seems to be unable to be applied in downview mode.

What do you think?

7 answers to this question

I'd give it another week or so. Not sure where your located, but rumor has it that Fleet Farm might have them first.

Who can resist the best camera on the market, that is never in stock? smirk.gifgrin.gif

I to would hold off, it is by far the best camara on the market. If you are going to spend that kind of $ you need the best and the 560 is the best.

I hear you Braley. Every time I am chewing at the bit waiting for something I keep reminding myself...."the best things come to those who wait"... grin.gif

I have heard a rumor, "only a rumor", that the new aqua view quad's made a change to their cameras. The rumor is that you can no longer move the camera's up or down etc. With the 4 cameras being in a fixed position, I would no longer be interested in this. Again, I do not know this for a fact, but was told by a fairly reliable source.

Thanks for the input. I'm in Montana, and the availabilty and selection is rather poor in the Bozeman area. I purchase most of my equipment and tackle on line. I've been trying to buy a 560 since last winter, after they were all sold out. I guess I'll wait , but I have a trip planned for Devil's Lake on December 26th with a good customer and a couple of suppliers and I sure was wanting it before the trip. I am not hopeful on receiving it before I leave though.

Thanks again for the input. I have heard good things about the Alantis cameras, any of you tried them?

You could try and rent one from a retailer.... I know that Scheels in Fargo, ND used to rent underwater cameras... which would get you through until your 560 comes...

I don't have one.. but they sure look like they'd be a nice tool for the fishing toolbox... that's for sure...

marine_man

Braley,

drop me a e-mail, I have a link I can send you that may carry them now. I would post it but I don't know that thats allowed.

aforsythe(at)tds(dot)net