• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Otter seat brackets (weld breaks)

GregeMoose

Question

Have any of you experenced the weld breaking on the brackets of Otter seats . I've broken two of them. I do go 240Lbs, but thought they should be built for that? Thought about calling Otter to get them replaced. Not sure if they will?

3 answers to this question

I'm right around 245 lbs and have never had a problem with mine. Call and see or else just take to a welding shop and have them re-weld. You have to remember they are aluminum so won't take the abuse that steel will.

My brother had one break and they took care of him Lickety-Split. Their customer service is second to none. I just bought the bench seat, and it appears as though my sled's sides drooped in over the years, so the support arms didn't fit right. I talked to them at the Ice Show, and they said "get us the proper dimensions and we'll get you new ones". I did that, and in less than a week, I received the new ones in the mail. AWESOME people!

I think I'll give them a call (Otter) before trying to repair myself.

Thanks for the replys, Moose