• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

hey all i have a ? bout any lakes in the area i asked bout in my subject, i am from that area originally, and will be up for xmas time, wondering bout ice and fishing conditions etc, any thin would be helpfull, hope to get out in my new portable and do some fishin, maybe hook up with a couple fellow fmers and have a good time, thanks in advance i didnt see any areas closer than the rapids area to post hope to hear good things thanks to all

big b

I agree with you that there isn't a good forumn for the Hibbing area. I am from Hibbing and hoping to get out, but GR is about the closest forum that gets discussed, and it's rather quiet at that.

I've Been to a few lakes fishing has been good. Ice is great right now for a fourwheeler or snowmobile. Have seen trucks out on the ice,but not me yet. Maybe buy Christmas time should be enough ice. Have found lakes with 13" and some with 9". Hope this helps.

thanks for the responses i hope the fishing keeps up, any sugestions on a good walleye lake to start with and is it a day bite up there or night ?

big b

was out this morning near G.R. & hit some wet spots in the snow,bout 8"of ice,nothin real bad. Not real slushy but if you got more snow over Hibbing way a guy might want to be prepared. Last year some of the lakes got pretty tough.

well thanks for the input, what part of vermillion do you fish i havent been there during ice season, and only acouple times in my life time thanks