• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I heard Olaf was good a few years ago, but slowed down quite a bit.

I will check on ice conditions andd action.

East Olaf had ice from 4.5" to 9" last Saturday. Full size trucks were driving 50yds from us all the way to the back of the lake. I pulled my Frabill out there. The 9" ice was not the best ice, the 4.5" ice was good ice. I was off a point, saw lots of fish on vexilar but no takers. Had to be smaller fish.

As of last saturday people were parking on the edge of West Olaf and using four wheelers and snowmobiles only, but heading out across the lake.

Driving on the ice already and full size trucks at that, jeez, unreal, some people have got to be crazy orjust real lazy, or both. So sounds like the fish are comen back on east then eh?

This lake has been so dead, not sure why people waste their time with it anymore when there are so many other good lakes, maybe its just a good party spot.

During summer I fished it 4 times and caught a total of 5 walleye. Last year was fantastic until ice season started and the masses decended upon it. So sad! That poor lake was not big enough to support the pressure it has received.

i don't know how you con call it a dead sea? last week i caught a 6 and a 9 pound walleye! that is defanitly not a dead sea to me !!

Is Olaf that lake really that good? I heard talk about it a few years ago and that was it.

Question -- Not trying to make people mad, but is this the type of small lake we should be talking a lot about? I thought we were trying to protect the small lakes from over fishing?

Just a question.

well its over and donw ith now hitman, some people it just takes a little longer to learn. Hopefully it wont get drilled now, but I have my doubts.

Good question Hitman.

I fish that lake alot and it's just not that good. Unless you enjoy catching sunfish (spotted). If 43 realy did catch the fish he claims to, hopfully he put them back. If a person is looking to target Eyes thee alot better places than Olaf. I go there because I'm freinds with the farmer, it's also fermilier and conveinient, (I have relatives in Pelican Rapids). When I read his post last night the first thing that came to mind was a deluge of people cramped into one area with trucks dropping through the ice and garbage all over. Thanks alot

If you fish east olaf all day, you will catch maybe two walleyes and thats probably about it as far as walleyes are concerned. I tried it twice last year.... caught one the first time and two the second time. For this reason I havn't been back this year and don't plan on trying it either.

GF 11 --

Sounds like it isn't any better than any other lake. I wonder what happens when people put up a post about pig 'eyes? I would guess a lot of people try it and are surprised when they don't catch a pig or a piglet.

Yeah, I agree that alot of people will be out there trying it and like other people have voiced, its going to be another one of those small lakes that becomes overfished and turns into just another slough.

I can understand the excitement about catching a #9 walleye but if its from a small lake such as east olaf, maybe keep the lake to yourself and go out there and catch another. This is for your own benefit and for the other people who fish it as well.

You guys will hate me, but I think that a lake like Olaf should stay a little quiet. The same thing happened to Silver -- Then there were 1,000 people out there, now there are two shacks.

People just can't control themselves.

People, use your head. Just because you can take six doesn't mean you have to, and if you are taking out the 21-26 inchers you are killing the 'eye population. Imagine if everybody did it?

Take a pic and putt HER back. She doesn't taste good away.

In the words of Dennis Miller "I'm not trying to get off on a rant here, but people use your heads." cool.gif