• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vexilar side by side

braves57

Question

Has anyone been able to use 2 vexilars side by side and had them both work? I have tried turning the IR off on one, which helps one guy but the other is still screwed up...

Am I doing this wrong or is this not possible?

I am talking about the FL-8 model.

Thanks for any help!

8 answers to this question

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

If both flashers are are fl8 SLT then you'll be able to knock out the interference with both, it just takes a little froggin around. Change one and the other acts up but you it can be done.

Hit the IR button on both units to get the "ping" from the transducer to change timing. Generally just one guy hitting his IR button will do it. If they are really close to each other (a couple feet a part in a small portable) both gains have to be set near zero, use the IR buttons and make sure your transducer isn't below the ice.

Good Luck!

Ken

I have done the same thing that LABS4ME has done and it worked just fine.Also, next to a marcum I have no problems either.

I fished with a buddy in a 6x8 portable who also had a FL-8 and we never had any interferance issues with each other....except when I caught the bigger fish. wink.gif

On the other hand, I was at the Brainerd ice fishing contest a few years back and a guy beside me had one of those Bottomline sidefinder outfits and it completely wiped out my Vex until he left. I wasn't too happy with that deal since I just lugged out dead weight and could have left it in the truck.

I agree with everyone elses posts...

3 of us have fished in a 10 X 12 house all three with vexilars (and more recently with 2 vexilars and 1 LX-3) and been able to tune each other out enough fish... as others have said.. it just takes a bunch of tweaking to accomplish it...

With just two people I've had the best luck shutting the IR off on one and pressing the IR button on the other one (with the IR on) until the interference goes away for both...

It'll work... it'll just take some time...

marine_man

marine_man is right on... When your fishing with one LX-3 and whatever usually all it takes is one I.R. on and the other off and you can get er dun...

I have the same issue, my bro and I both have FL-8's but his vex always works fine and mine always gets the interference. My FL-8 is about 3 years older, what causes one to always work?