• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Have Not been to Square yet this year - but have fished it many times in the past. Be VERY CAREFUL - Lots of springs - might not hurt to wait for another cold spell. There is a 30' hole to look for - have fun.

I have fished it several times and grew up a few miles away. I would guess it's good to walk on now, but as mentioned, be careful. It seems to freeze later than other lakes in the area. 30 ft. hole??? That lakes nearly twice that deep in spots. If you are fishing trout, just fish 1/2 the depth of the water you are on. If you are in 20' of water then fish 10' down. I know it sounds odd, but the clarity on that lake is amazing and the trout have no problem seeing a gold or silver spoon fluttering above them. they will come up for it. wink.gif

I havn't been out there yet this year, but have had decent luck in the past. I have fished just out from the landing in 8-20 ft of water and have caught trout/pike/pannies. I have also trid to get on top of the platform, but had no luck over there. Has anyone had any positive luck tracking those trout down? What depth seems to be the most condusive to catching them? I have heard the deeper the better but have had luck in 10 feet of water when the trout were hitting just below the ice on hand-tied larva immitators. Any knowledge/experience would be much appreciated. Any updates on ice conditions?

j