• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Columbia Heights - Silver Lake

Seeker of Clayface

The lake on ...Silver Lake Road. Anyone ever try it? The DNR survey looks interesting.

It is pretty much bull-head city. There are some larger individuals of Walley and Bass...just not very many. It is very close to my house, so I iced it a few times last Winter. All we caught were 4-5" crappies with no larger individuals; some small perch; and one small channel cat. I'll try it again this year only because it is so close.

We had our permanent on Silver last winter. Just like the previous reply. Small crappies. Bullhead city. We did catch a huge walleye and a nice pike once when a front was coming in. Other than that, not worth doing.

I live nearby and also tried icing it out there a couple times back in '03 but didn't get a single nibble. Late summer of '02 while helping a friend test out a used motor on the lake, we ran into a couple guys out there who said they caught 8 'eyes and kept 4. Their keepers where in the 13"-16" and the ones they tossed back where in the 8"-12" range.

I might try it again this winter just because of how close it is to me.

i fish silver all the time last winter me and a friend caught some crappies between 7-11 inches and some perch

in the spring-summer-fall ive got big cats big bass a few northern haven't seen any eyes though there are some BIG carp in that lake i'll be out there this weekend