• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is it possible to put a Strikemaster auger bit on a Jiffy Auger?

sota

Question

Is it possible to put a Strikemaster auger bit, not blade, on a Jiffy Auger? I've used enough Strikemasters to know that they cut a whole lot faster and with less effort than my Jiffy. And buying a new bit would be a whole lot cheaper than buying a whole new auger.

6 answers to this question

Not sure, I know that at least one brand spins the auger in the reverse direction of the others.

i am not sure why you would want to inter-change augers, but thats for you to decide, and i am not sure if it will work, but i have a jiffy and its plenty fast for me its a 3hp 10" but as far as the rotation i am pretty sure that it is clock wise not counter clock wise for rotation when your standing in front of it drilling. not trying to start a argument maybe i am wrong, just my 2 cents!

big b 56303

airjer is correct on this one.. Cnat be done because they are designed to spin in different directions!

I know some of the older Jiffy's turned counter-clockwise, but if yours turns clockwise then you should be able to mount up a Strikemaster auger BUT I think one has a 3/4 inch shaft and one has a 7/8 inch shaft, so a little work will need to be done to adapt it.

IIRC, the Jiffy spins quite a bit faster than the Strikemaster. At least my friend's jiffy throws chips all over my floor while my strikemaster doesn't.