• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Silver lake

I was out there sunday morning fishing the beach side. the northerns a very abundent tipping flags on shiners, but we could'nt land them. i pulled a 2lb on my panfish rod and a wax worm. then tried a crappie minnow, he felt larger but the line snapped right below the ice. there were some guys on the other side. im curious as to how they did over by the hole. but the whole lake averages 5-6 feet deep.

Thanks for the info! I checked out the DNR site and guessed that everyone would be fishing the hole after seeing the depth contours. Guess not. I may head out there next weekend and play around a bit. If you see a black blazer or green amigo, that's us!

Went out from the beach this morning and I could see some open holes from where someone else had been. I got to within 15 feet and the spud bar went thru in two hits. Water started pushing up thru the hole I made, presumably because the snow was pushing down that hard on the ice. Soon there was over an inch of water at my feet. Needless to say I went home.

MNfisherman. I was hoping to see the report that the walleye and panfish bite was on. This report in not good. Not good at all. This 6-10" of forcasted snow will again act as insulation for ice that in many metro bodies of water and is not the 6-8" of solid Ice I like.

WOW that is nuts the tracks were from us sunday. the ice was 3-4 inches. if you bounced you could see the water bounce in the hole. this snow is no good.

This snow is NOT doing us any good. I stopped by the bait shop on Century South of the lake and talked to the owner. He said that there are walleye being caught, but also that people are getting off the ice soon after walking on. It sounds spooky out there! Lets all hope for a cold snap soon!

Hovermn, what do you have to worry about? You've got a hovercraft! Im so jealous right now.

lol, you're right. I could take it out. However, a few weeks ago I took it out on Green with ShawnnyB across open water to the ice on the south west bay. The ice was EXTREMELY thin and as we were going across it, it was breaking up into shards. One of the shards caught the skirt and ripped a large hole in it. Normally this doesn't happen, but I already had a hole there from a previous outting. Easy fix, but I don't have a heated place to patch it yet. In the next few days, a buddy is letting me use his garage, so it'll be good to go soon. I suppose that I could have fixed it sooner, but I've been pretty busy with work. It's Xmas in retail!!! lol

If I do make it out there with the hover, I'll post when it'll be. Maybe I could shuttle people on the lake. LMAO! grin.gif

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif What the, it says that there is Tiger muskie, and Channel Catfish in this thing??????? I WANT TO CATCH A CATFISH!!! HOVERMN we need to get your Hoover fixed!!! grin.gif

Shawnny B

Sure, now I have your attention. The other night on the phone you seemed less interested in fishing this lake then licking a fly trap full of maggets! Mmm, there's a picture! Let me use your garage and we'll get the hover patched up in no time!