• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Austin area lakes, ponds

Does any one fish in or around austin I live in brownsdale and I work in austin so I fish the ponds in town, because I dont have time to go anywhere else not because I love the huge lakes. I was just curious because I dont think ive ever heard anyone talk about the area. I was out on mill pond today and caught one sunny the fish were there on the vex but couldnt get them to bite, and the ice was 4 inches.

Im from Austin and find that im much better off going out of the area.The fishing is usually slow and when they do bite they are lite biters and very finicky.Mostly panfish but a occaisonal pike can be had but don't hold your breath on a day out that's worth talking about at work.I usually try to make it Foster for the winter trout action now that's worth the effort some great catches can be had without spending the intire day on the ice.

Yeah I go away when I can to but its hard when you work second shift seven days a week. All though ramsey isnt that bad to fish ive caught some nice northern there and ive caught a 14 inch crappie out of east side lake I couldnt believe it some one must of brought one back from red lake and threw it in there! I was just curious to see if any one from here fished there. I was the guy on the front page of the Austin Post Bulletin this last tuesday fishing on mill pond.

The best place in austin area Ive found so far is very close to browndale, its the "other mill pond" (Above ramsey Dam)its THE RAMSEY MILL WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREA I have been realeasing all the big fish ive caught 16lb channel cat 32"+ and SEVERAL OTHERS OVER 10LBS You won't beleave me, but last summer I caught a 17" perch that was in the 2# range. Ive caught alot of perch in th 10"-13" range all were caught in the summer/fall .I have pictures of everything mentioned. Hopefully there all still alive. Im unsure of the population of fish, but ive caught more big ones than small ones, including bullheads tongue.gif

be carefull if you go in the winter lots of springs and bad ice. its a hike from the parking area (WMA) about a half mile or so.

tongue.gif

Fish'n crazy....

Welcome to FishingMinnesota.com. Its nice to see someone actually is active in that area. I know there is some good water in your neighborhood, but we just don't see much banteron it here in the Roch forum. This is interesting...again, thanks and again welcome to FM.