• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where to start?

JoeTC

I'll be making out onto the big pond for the first time ever next week and I've got some questions. First off I will be staying in onamia so I would like to fish on the west or south side. Where's a good place to access the lake, assuming I'll be able to drive out, and if not are there any good places where you can walk out? What type of structure are the walleyes and perch typically relating to this time of year? Also, is the walleye bite expected to be good this winter? It seems that it is different every year depending on the amount of bait fish.

Thanks for any help

Joe

Joe, Rocky Reef resort would be a good place to start, on the west side. do a search for his web site, John will take care of you nice place and good food. Good luck The early bite is always good.

FishNutBob,

I see that your from Maple Plain. Have you have a chance to fish Independance recently? If not, have you heard of any reports on the ice conditions? Thanks for any input.