• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thinking of getting down there this weekend. Anyone have current ice conditions, westwood or bakers bay?? Anyone catching any fish. Would like to have a good 4 inches to walk on.

You'll be fine this weekend walking out. Just be sure to proceed with caution. I would expect Mud Bay to be kicking out some crappies and 'gills on those mud/sand transition lines out there as well as the shallow weed lines.

I had a couple of buddies that went out yesterday and found 4-5" and said it was better than all the other lakes they had been on. I don't know where they went out of but its sounds decent. Hopefully there will be more for you by next weekend.

GOOD LUCK!

thanks for the reports guys! anyone know if anyone is fishing anywhere else out there besides Mud bay and the north landing?

The north landing has been good for me and my friend. Today we caught our limit of nice sunnies....hand sized and caught 15 10-12 inch crappies. I lost a very nice one at the hole that wrapped around the vexilar....guessing close to 14 inches. Well if you make it out there tell me how you did. Fish were caught between 6-10 feet.

Fishing Washington all day this coming friday. I'm picking up an lx-3 tonite and we'll se how we do. Where at from the landing were you picking up the fish??

Lindy_ there were two portables in bakers bay when I drove by from the north landing on my way home.I talked to the guy at the bait shop and he said they are fishing there but walking the shore to get there and then out to the hole.I didnt go there as I like a little more ice. The stretch around squirrels nest road or point can be a little funny at times. The fish were doing well out off the north landing and he told me that mud bay was giving up both sunnies and crappies with a few eyes.The ice was approx 3.5-4 inches at the north landing in the three holes I cut.Only went out about 200-250- yards.

This is true, washington can do some crazy things in the winter.With all the snow on the way it wont help the ice any so be careful and if you do venture out make sure to have some fun and catch some fish.

thinking of going to washington after dinner, think the snow has made it unbearable? anyone been by there or out there today or last night. thanks!

I'm planning on checking the conditions tomorrow morning off the north landing. If anyone is in the area, stop by and say hi. I'll probably be sitting on a brown chair fishing outdoors unless I can find a way to stuff my clam 1060 into my car...pickup died on me and haven't fixed yet. I'll report back with details.

The north access should be fine. I was out there this evening and had no problems. There were a few spots with water under the snow but the ice should be safe. I will be out there again tomorrow. We did pretty well again tonight.

Well I made it down to Washington today, checked the North Landing and there was no one out there, so I decided I wasnt gonna venture out there myself, since i havent been on the lake at all yet. So I went out from Westwood in Mud Bay, 11 ft. of water, 5-6 inches of ice and a little slushy of top. Lots of sunfish action and only sunfish that I caught, pretty much one after another. I did keep my 20 for a meal or two. These fish were 7 3/4"- 8 1/4", not huge by any means, but ok. Genz worm and ratfinkee worked best with spikes and waxies. I'm sure everyone else was catching fish, just thought I'd give my report.

Browning83- Would like to try the North landing, how far out and how deep of water are you fishing, Are the gills about the same size as I caught? how about the crappies? Might get back down there early next week. thanks for any info.

Browning- i just read your post from a couple days ago on the size of your fish! sorry.

littlelindyjim

I was thinking of going to Washington one day next week early aft. and would gladly go to the north landing with you if that works out for you.

Tom

Lindy---Yeah the fish out there are decent sized but need to sort through them. Catching some nice sized crappies but they are very very lite biters. Catching most fish from 8-10 feet of water. So the sunnies were biting good in mud because my dad is coming down to give it a try this afternoon and he likes to get panfish. Well maybe I'll meet you out there sometime....but won't be for a while....finals are finally done and heading home to work for a couple weeks. Good luck