• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Recommendations?

eyepatrol

Considering going up to URL for the first time ever. Wondering if anyone can recommend a good ice house rental place to go out of? I've seen a few on the internet such as Red Lake Fish House Rentals, Bear Paw Guides, Hudec's Resort, Russ and Judy's, but thought I'd get some opinions before making any decisions. Cost isn't much of a concern. Just want to go out of a place that does the best job of putting you on the fish (crappies mostly).

Thanks for the help.

bc

Russ and Judy have very nice houses, and you can check with the rest, but they fill up fast so get agoin, or your SOL grin.gif

Ill second what he said, you can also do a search of last years reports, that will give you a good idea who to stay with, otherwise they are all top notch IMO.

Alpine Fish House Rentals (same owner as the Royal Shooks Motel) runs a classy operation with top notch houses. He puts them off Roger's road.

This will be my fifth year fishing Red. I normally come up two or three times during the winter and a week in the spring. I have utilized almost everyone's services on the lake. Now I use Kelly P's services almost exclusively. I was up last year in the late winter staying in one of his sleepers. He had hurt his back and was basically bedridden. His dad and Patsy made sure we were comfortable and weren't lacking for heat and such. The fishing was slow and he sent his regrets that he couldn't move the fish house. We caught enough to keep us entertained. He is a true professional and I expect nothing less and he has never disappointed. We spent the days on LOW. The whitefish were on a terror. We have never caught them before. We fished them in 30' of water jigging right off the bottom, 2-3 lbs. average. What a blast!!!

My sons and I have also fished with Kelly and Co. and I've never had anyone work harder to give us a good time fishing. He or his new boss, Patsy, grin.gif are always checking to make sure everything is going well. Twice he has offered to upgrade us to bigger houses if we wanted. His houses are clean and well equipped and moved as often as they have to be to stay on fish. A good indicater of how well he follows the fish is the number of people who try to set up their own houses next to one of his, rather than explore on their own.

Thanks for the replies! I'm working on lining up a few guys and am checking into some of the places mentioned. Hopefully I can get it all to work out and get up there....might have to go by myself if I can't find someone to go with! smile.gif

Thanks again.

bc