• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Chester 12/10 Report

Got out on the ice a little before 9 with a buddy. Was 5 inches or so. Kinda scary looking down the hole. Started out and got a quick dozen small ones. Saw a submarine blip come one the vex and it turned out to be about a 2-3 pound largemouth who promptly went back in the hole after a pat on the head. A lot of fun on the super ultralight. Nothing much as we bounced around and popped holes. Found a spot and thought I had another bass. Turned out to be a 9" sunnie. Had fun for a couple hours bringing these guys in. Biggest was just under 10". Seemed to prefer white and a waxie. Orange didn't do squat. Fish were at 28 feet and right on the bottom.

-Penguin

By any chance did you talk to a guy in a black coat with a little guy with him on your way off the ice?

Sure did, as I was huffing and puffing from dragging that shack up the hill. Kid seemed pretty excited to see that there were fish being caught.

That was me, I want to thank you for the info that day, yaeh he was sure excited allright, he has been wanting to go for the past few weeks. I ended up taking him and his sister out there on Sunday, but we didn't have as good of luck as you seemd to have had Sat. But it sure was fun to get out there and give it a shot. They sure did look like some nice ones. The only thing I forgot to ask you was where you were out there!! That may have helped to have better success on Sunday. oops. Well, just wanted to thank you again. How often do you get out there?

I usually only get out to Chester the first few weeks of the year. The fish seem harder to find after that. After that I hit the boyscout pond where the fish seem active all year.

As far as where I was, just go across the whole lake including the big middle part. I was fishing to the left side of the point that divides the tree filled section and the dam.

-Penguin

Thanks for sharing your reports with us Penguin. And for helping out others get on the spot. After all that's what this sites about.

Keep on letting us know how you're doing and have a great ice season. Dan.

Thanks Penguin for giving me your location, I think I may even try tonight after work. I will let you know how I did if I end up getting out there. How is that Boyscout Camp lake? I fished it a few years back in a canoe and pounded the crappies, but they were all very small.