• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Driving on ice

Just wondering if I will be able to pull my crankdown out with my mercury mountaineer this coming thursday. If so, what we be the best resort to go out of? Thanks in advance!

BEAD,

There is a previous post called "Best place to take my retracable fish house" it is back on page 2. This should give you a good idea on where to go. Some resorts might have their roads open by Thursday. Sounds like smaller vehicles are going out of Adrian's road. Always a good idea to call ahead.

I went out of Adrian's on 12/9 using the Kodiak..many vehicles parking on the ice and doing the same as I...but once I got over the island, I was very surprised at how many full sized trucks and retractable house were out there.

I set up in 18-19ft, 11-12 inches of ice. I'm sure in the next week or two, ice will be much thicker and this topic will subside..