• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

spearing

I am looking to do some spearing over x mas break on Kabetogama. Any reports on clarity or success? I am wondering where the most common places to spear are on the lake. Thanks!

Pig

Pig, Spearing should be fine that period of time, depth of snow on the ice will be the main issue to contend with.

Water clarity improving daily, as the current slow down.

Suggest you plan ahead for limited clairity just in case.

Right now most the spearing is taking place on Tom Cod bay area, and the area of Irwin, Duck and Moxie Bays. These bays freeze over first and get the early attention.

Kabetogama was staked with trail markers yesterday, meaning most lake surfaces on KABETOGAMA are safe, note not so yet on Namakan Lake.

Many spearers will now try some other areas expanding out from those I mentioned. Soft bottom outside or within the weeds seems best, 10-14' good luck guts

A buddy and I are looking for a good spot to do some northern tip uppin....we were thinking about Birch but was wondering if Kabetogama would be a good choice too? Can anyone offer up some info?