• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Forest Lake

elusivecrappiecatcher

Anyone else fishing out here? I went out friday a good 6-8 inches of ice and I only managed to catch a small sunny and a small crappie. Usually fishing off Willow Point. Any other reports from around the lake?

I have not been out yet but as soon as school is done for the semester I will be out on Forest Lake. I like to avoid willow point just because of the crowd. I have a spot on lake one that has been excellent for northers and walleyes so I will be out there saturday. I will let you know how I do then.

Quote:

I have not been out yet but as soon as school is done for the semester I will be out on Forest Lake. I like to avoid willow point just because of the crowd. I have a spot on lake one that has been excellent for northers and walleyes so I will be out there saturday. I will let you know how I do then.

Where is this spot? I hate Willow Point just because there are so many people, but I just moved on the lake and don't know much about it.

Fished Forest Mon night and released a 22 in eye, small craps and sunnies. Out from the public access by willow point and to the left, lake 3.

Fished the hole on lake 2 with no success. Fished everything from 8 feet to 26 feet. Dretty dead in all depth.

Quote:

Fished Forest Mon night and released a 22 in eye, small craps and sunnies. Out from the public access by willow point and to the left, lake 3.

Fished the hole on lake 2 with no success. Fished everything from 8 feet to 26 feet. Dretty dead in all depth.

I was out off willow point last night (12-12) and caught a few small crappies and some really small sunfish. My buddy that was with me had a hit on a walley rig twice. But came up empty handed. I think I am going to try the 30ft hole on the other side of the point (right side of the willow point)next time. I haven't caught any decent fish out of this lake and I am bound and determined to do so. Its just an easy lake for weekdays after work since I am close.

We may have talked to you last night at the landing as we went on the lake. We spent a few hours on the flats then decided to move over to the hole. We marked 1 fish in all the different depths, 8 foot down to 26 foot with holes at depths in between. I am not sure if the have roamed over to the deeps yet. We did not even see any suspended fish.

I may try and get out to the channel of chisago/south lindstrom. Have you heard any news of how the bite/ ice over there?

Yea that was me. We caught a couple of small crappies and some real small sunnies. We might try the hole tonight. I haven't heard anything off chisago yet.

Going to Forest tonight. Friend has a place on the large bay on the west lake (dunno if it's one or three). Friends dad fishes in that bay through ice and supposedly did alright for walleye this year. Anybody know if that could be right? I heard it's bout 20 feet there! I going to try anyway. Let me know about other people going there tonite and we can have a beer.

Nice to hear others are hitting Forest for some walleye action! I have never fished that spot (which I believe is Lake 1). I spend my early ice on the "flats" on lake three (just out from the boat launch) and most of my other time is spent hunting norderns along the weedline of the "hole" on lake 2 along Willow Point during the day and walleye in about the same locations in the evening. Weedlines near deep water has produced in the past. I also see people fishing across Lake 2 around the other deep hole on this section of Forest. I have never tried that spot, but I am sure the results are the same. The action is not out of the world, but 15-17 inchers have been iced along with some 8-10 inch craps. I have even witnessed some 15 inch craps that have been pulled out of there. Let me know how your 20 foot spot pans out.

j