• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

jig sizes

trapsht

I'm about to place an order for some jigs and spoons from the tackle company that's listed on this site. However I don't really know what sizes to order. This will be my first trip to ML. Should I buy separate tackle for perch and walleye? I'm also wondering if certain colors are better or is it a day by day thing. i mostly fish for gills and crappie down here in IL so all I have are very small jigs. i would appreciate any help on sizes and colors..thanks guys

Just got back from a 3 day run on Mille Lacs.

The most productive jig I used was a green glow with red glow coming in a distant 2nd. 1/4 & 3/8 oz tiped with a fathead minnow. Crappie minnows and mousey's were for the most part ineffective.

Fishing and catching was most enjoyable... smile.gif

Good Luck...

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

i use a number 3 pimple in white, yellow, silver, and what ever else looks like it might work. I use the size pimple for walleyes and perch. If they are hungry they will eat it.