• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New-I havn't been on it myself. I was in canada all weekend, I'll try and get you an ice report this evening on my way home from work. They are fishing it, no atv's out there yet that I can see, but they are walking out.

south end i set up my perm and found six inches everywere I spent most of my time seting up not much fishing. when you punch a hole there is some slush but the cold temps are freezing it. hope to be all fishing tommorow ooo.gif

I was out yesterday afternoon and into the evening fishing around the A-frame and into the south bay. I found 8inches in most places and it looks to be pretty good clear ice. I took my wheeler and towed the portable out, there were plenty of snowmobiles out all over the lake.

We started out by the a-frame in the afternoon and found plenty of fish there, unfortunetly most of them were small. I droped the camera down to see tons of fish everywhere, most of the fish were holding pretty tight to the botton in the scrub weeds. It looked like a aquarium, there were craps, sunnies and the occational bucketmouth all over the place.

We saw alot of fish in the south bay also, although they weren't bitting as well after the sun went down, but we got some. Our fish were caught on waxies and crappie minnows, we got some med shiners for eyes on set lines also, but nothing.

Most people were fishing in the south bay yesterday due to a lack of transportation. There were about 6 portable and a couple perm. shacks by the a-frame, the south bay had more on it. I also saw two roads that someone had plowed with a wheeler, nice guys huh. One road is by the 83 road and the other is along the east shoreline of the south bay. I wouldn't advise driving a car or truck out there yet, but Frankies said they might have a road plowed out by next weekend and be letting vechiles out on it.

Newman...its an A-frame cabin on the east shoreline of the lake. You cant miss it, just look for a city of fishhouses close together. Any recent luck in the south bay? GULUCK!

There was about 6in of ice on the south end. My brother law and I made it out for a few hours. They bit like crazy right at sundown. Alot of small ones, but we brought home a limit of decent sized bluegills and crappies.

I fished the south side today from 8:30 until 2:00. Had to pick through tons of little ones, but managed 5 sunnies that averaged 2/3 lb. and one 3/4 lb. crappie. Pink Ratso with 2-3 eurolarvae produced everything for me today.

Thanks for info on the A-frame I thought it was something like that. I will be on the lake all day on thursday I will give a report on how I did. thanks

I was out yesterday afternoon to check on my house and the ice was still in good shape 8". I drove my atv out and there were still plenty of sleds, but alot of slush and water on top of the ice of course. Ill be out fishing tomorrow

Was in the southbay today from about 8-12. Caught approx. 175 fish between 5 of us. It was non stop.lOTS of little guys but managed about 40 nice keeper sunnys between the 5 of us and probably 20 real nice perch which suprised me and 15 or so decent craps.

I fished from 1:30- 5pm on the south end of chisago with everybody else and caught fish the whole time. Biggest crappie was 9 inches and I caught one nice red ear sunfish at 9 inches long. Sunkinboat, did you get the perch on waxies or minnows? I didn't find any perch using waxies.

Where do you park to fish the south shore? I looked at the lake map and the boat landing is on the other end of lake. Is there somewhere to park on the road and walk down to that side of the lake?

Just park on hwy 83 which is a left off of hwy 24 southbound from chisago city. There is enough room to park your car/truck on the side of the road. If you are brave you can park on the edge of the ice like others did yesterday, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't call it brave to parked car/truck on shore with limited ice we have, I call it dumb. Three trucks went through on Prior lake yesterday parking on the ice.

I was out yesterday and there were a lot of people parked along 83 and some on the ice. It was worth the walk from the hwy. I caught tons of fish and it was a blast! KEEP YOUR TRUCK OFF THE THIN SHEET OF HARD WATER

Good Luck!

I was on the south bay of Chisago yesterday afternoon and caught TONS of Sunfish. The waxie was never down more than 5 seconds all afternoon !!! grin.gifgrin.gif

Ya gotta weed through then and only kept enough for dinner.

The ice is pretty shaky for a snowmobile or 4 wheeler.

Found several areas where a snowmobile was BREAKING THROUGH and I had to walk around them !!!!!! shocked.gifshocked.gif

Careful out there !

Fished by the A-frame yesterday from 4-8pm. Kept 8 CROPS, 8-9". Lots of small CROPS and Sunnies thrown back. Tried for Walleyes, but no luck. 8" of good ice with 1" of crusty slush on top.

Was out this afternoon for a few hours. Caught alot of smaller sunfish and a handful of nice ones on waxies.

Ice seemed ok but I walked out. Saw a few 4 wheelers driving around and several snowmobiles. There was about 8 inches of ice.