• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Da Bears get RUN over

soldoncass

Not really! This loss was not unexpected and things will return to normal next week with another Bear victory and a huge loss by the Queens who will also get run over by "The Bus". Bears will have the season wrapped up long before the final contest vs the Queens.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES! DA BEARS

I still put the Vikings odds of making the playoffs at 35%, and I think they will have to win the division to do it. Tampa Bay and Dallas's wins today hurt the Vikings' chances at the wild card, and I am assuming Atlanta will beat New Orleans tomorrow night as well. All the tie-breakers work against the Vikings at this point in time.

With a stagnant offense and a third-rate rookie at QB, the Bears are definitely vulnerable, as the Steelers showed today. Put a touchdown on the board, and the Bears defense is nothing special, and their offense will show its ineptitude.

Yeah, I have a feeling Vick will be running scared next week up in the Windy City. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Vikes pull another one out next week at home. They have a pretty good run defense anchored by Pat Williams. I'd have to say right now I'm pushing for the Vikes to win the division. I think it would be the only way the NFC North can get 2 teams in the playoffs. The Bears have a much better chance via Wild Card tie breakers than the Vikings do.

I got scared when Pat went down with the knee injury the last game though, hopefully that is nothing. He is a beast in the middle. Should be very fun watching everything unfold. Go Vikes!

• 3 weeks later...

Sure fun to see the v'KINGS look like an NFL team again after the embarassing first 7 games. They wouldn't have beaten many college teams the first 7 games. The last 9 they were "in it" to the end or kicked BUTT! Today was butt-kicken day! coooool

I wonder if they can convince Dick Vermeil to coach 2 years? He would "clean the house" up!

My second recommendation is to trade D.C. to Arizona (Green thinks he's great)for whatever draft choices they can get . A #1 and a #4 would be great! smirk.gif

Too bad your victory over the Bears was against our JV team. If our starters were in there the results sure would be much different, with the Bears most likely winning.

Please. How about,"You should have been here yesterday."

Bears lost. Sure, they just may make the superbowl. But they lost that game. JV, Varsity, B squad, call it what ever you want, just make sure you put a tick mark in the loss colum when you're done making excuses.

Quote:

Too bad your victory over the Bears was against our JV team. If our starters were in there the results sure would be much different, with the Bears most likely winning.

We can re-visit that statement after they lose in the playoffs.

Packers beating Seattle and vikes beating the bears. Same thing. Neither playoff bound team had nothing to play for and gave away easy wins. So what if the bears get beat in the playoffs, at least they made it in. I'm a Packer fan, they had a horrible year. First losing season in 13 years I believe.

Not making excuses and yes it is a loss in the L column but do you seriously think that the results would have been the same if we played our starters the whole game?

Oh yeah good luck Vikes in the playoffs!!! Oh wait you are not there!!!

Quote:

Oh yeah good luck Vikes in the playoffs!!! Oh wait you are not there!!!

OUCH! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

They won't be their soon either... enjoy the wait til next weekend.... maybe the weekend after, but I doubt it. No offense = unbalanced team. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

They won't be their soon either... enjoy the wait til next weekend.... maybe the weekend after, but I doubt it. No offense = unbalanced team.
grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Buzzsaw, what is with all the negativity. Sorry that we can't all be apart of the ticket scalping, boat scandal, Fred ScHmoot toy manipulating, McKinney and Moore trash in the dumpster dumping, Mike Bennet and C-Pep getting involved in shoot outs while driving down the highway, Kevin Williams and his fists of fury on his wife, etc. etc......

Even if it is one game I think I will savor every moment of it.

Ask Trent Dilfer and the Ravens about "unbalanced" success.

Sorry, I just don't see that team doing anything. Remember when the season STARTED I predicted that the Bears would surprise people and finish higher than everybody expected.... lucky guess I suppose. But as much as I like their defense, I dislike their offense. I can't see them going through Carolina and Seattle.... I don't mean to rain on your parade, I'm happy for you... quite a year in Chi-town! Besides, I could be wrong. grin.gif

When was the last time the Bears won a playoff game? If I was a Bears fan I would be very scared of the Panthers!!!!!! It's hard to beat a good team twice in the same season and John Fox is one hell of a coach. He knows how to win on the road in the playoffs.

Brian

Just playing with you Buzz... I cannot see them winning it all. I am hoping for this season to act as a stepping stone into next season. I see a lot of upside for this team for next season, barring injuries.

porterhouse, the last playoff win came in 1994, which has nothing to do with 2006.

I don't go with the history bit like a Packers fan. I won't play the superbowl card like the cheese craniums because it is irrelevant.

I agree it his difficult to beat a good team twice. But don't forget what happened in the first meeting:

Panthers were held to their lowest point total since a 41-0 loss to the Atlanta Falcons on Nov. 24, 2002.

An inspired defensive line that produced eight sacks.

Offensively, Thomas Jones (25 carries for 87 yards) and Adrian Peterson (4-37) combined to rush for 124 yards on 29 carries against a Panthers defense that had entered the game ranked second in the NFL against the run, yielding an average of just 81 yards.

In addition to blasting open holes, the Bears' offensive line did not allow a sack.

Quote:

Just playing with you Buzz... I cannot see them winning it all. I am hoping for this season to act as a stepping stone into next season. I see a lot of upside for this team for next season, barring injuries.

Thanks Lots O' luck, I was feeling bad that I may have offended you and that was definitely not my intent. You guys won the division and should be proud of that. If they can draft or sign good offensive free agents consistantly in the next few seasons while keeping that defense together then I'd say oh oh!!

Quote:

I don't go with the history bit like a Packers fan.

Are you saying Packer fans are living in the past....?

How true!!!!

Nice Avatar Buzzy!

Quote:

I don't go with the history bit like a Packers fan. I won't play the superbowl card like the cheese craniums because it is irrelevant.

I DONT LIKE YOUR TONE! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

At least the packers have a history grin.gif Look at it this way, even if the Bears get beat this weekend they made it has far as the queens did last year in the playoffs.

Quote:

Look at it this way, even if the Bears get beat this weekend they made it has far as the queens did last year in the playoffs.

Yeah with one less win possibly! grin.gif

dosn't matter, its the second round smirk.gif Why am I defending the bears confused.gif oh yea thats right the sight of purple and yellow makes me puke grin.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

And as a Packer fan you love the Chicago Bears more by the looks of your posts. laugh.gif

That's pretty cool a Packers fan on the Chicago Bears bandwagon. shocked.gif

Rick, you think our friend OUTDOOR RAN is a closet Bears fan? shocked.gifshocked.gifblush.gifblush.gif This could be good, I wonder what other Packer fans think of this insanity? tongue.gif

P.S. Nice duck on your avatar! grin.gif

I'm going for the Bears all the way. Heck I even predicted they'd win the division at the beginning of the season. If my Packers can't go, might as well see a team from the NFC North make it. Especially after the way the media downtalked the division all season. Heck, now that I've been living in Minnesota for 6+ years and have to watch the Vikings play, I don't even mind seeing them win, when they're not playing the Packers of course.

All aboard!!!

We are still accepting applications for a ride on the bandwagon. There are plenty of interceptions, sacks, and dominating defensive plays for everyone. As well as three and outs by the offense.

Come on NFC lovers, show a little support for a fellow black and blue division representative.

By the way, you mean the Pack is HISTORY!!