• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Best family resort on Rainy?

Hello there, I am curious on what the opinion anybody has on a good family resort on Rainy? We have 3 kids ages 6,8,&14 and would like to find a nice resort on rainy to not only allow us (MOM & DAD) some great fishing but have some other things for the kids to do also. Woody's looks awesome for what my wife and I are after and he definently sounds like a hoot, but is it strictly a fishing resort or would the kids have fun for a week also? We have always gone to a great family place @ vermilion but find we are getting priced out of there and would like to continue our annual family vacation to Rainy. Thanks for any and all replies

http://www.thunderbirdlodge.info/

http://www.rainy-lake.com/

Here are a couple to start with, both are more full service resorts with good food, I don't know of any that have lots of kid activities. Sha-Sha resort is another option - there are not that many large resorts, once hwy 11 ends it's all park -- Dasfooter.

There are several resorts to choose from on Rainy. The nicest thing about moving your family vacation to Rainy Lake is that it is ten times the fishery that Vermillion is. This truly is still vastly undiscovered by most. Maybe it is because it is a hour farther north, but whatever the reason you will have a blast wherever you decide to stay. We haven't stayed at any of the resorts since we have land on the lake, but spend time at them all. Sha Sha has such a beautiful location at the end of the road and a nice bar/restaurant. Woody's is truly legendary, and knows the lake like the back of his hand. Island view and Thunderbird are also nice locations. Might try pull up their websites for family fun info, but the true beauty of Rainy is on the lake. Pack the family up and head into the park and enjoy!

If I were going to take my family to Rainy I would go to Island View. It is a very nice setting. The bar is small but fun. Island View is located right at Voyagures Park which means very few cabins and little traffic on week days. The owners are very nice people and look after their guests and facilities. Thunderbird is way too busy for me and it is set in the middle of a houseboat parking dock and lots of other cabins and homes. Woody's just isn't located far enough down lake (east) for me.