• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What to do with old gas

Ya Hey Der

Question

I have gas from 2 years ago (less than a gallon) and I don't know how to get rid of it. I used it for my auger, it has seafoam and stabil in it, along with strikemaster smokeless oil. I called a gas/service station and the guy who answered said that if it is less than a gallon, put it in my car. He referred to it as "spitting in the ocean". What do you guys do and should I add it into my car?

Thanks,

YHD

6 answers to this question

The recycling station in Bloomington on 95th (???) just between penn and 35W will take it. There are signs all over there pointing the way. They take used oil, paint, gas, all kinds of stuff like that.

I wouldn't hesitate to put in a large capacity fuel tank; Pick Up Truck then fill it up.

Most counties will have a hazardous waste drop off site. Ours disposes of old paint and gas for no charge others may have a nominal fee.

We, fortuneately, have a guy at work that will dump anything free in his gas tank. He hasn't had any problems yet!! grin.gif