• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Chisago Channel

kingspade651

Me and 2 other guys went out to the Chisago channel on Friday. Were there for just over 3 hours and we all got our limits of crappies, and we let a lot of small ones go. Ice is pretty solid at 6 inches. Crappies hitting waxies and small minnows.

howbig were they and where boutss you go? Buddy of mine been fishin there everyday this weekend and not finding much at all

Been finding em straight out and a bit to the left of the landing. More to the left. they've been averaging about 9-10 inches, nothin special, but there's been some nice bluegills coming out too. Im not sure why we've had such good luck out there, some other guys said they were catching bullheads. finding em in about 15 feet of water. Little finicky, but havent had too much problem enticing them off the bottom.

Anybody else been having any luck out here? I have heard that some nice sunnies have been hooked as well as a random eye. Thinking of giving it a run tonight for a dusk/night bite.

I'm thinking of heading out on Friday. I wanted to try and get to the "A" frame house, but I'm not sure if there is an access. I don't want to huff it from the channel landing.

Any other reports?

Yeah - I don't have an ATV or sled...

Has anyone else made it anywhere else on the lake (not just in the channel)?

cjro- They are fishing the south end of the lake as well... Also out in front of the dinner bell.

Me and a buddy went out on the channel on Monday night, for about 4 hours or so. We caught 8 fish total(5 crappies/3 sunnies), and all were 8-9", save for one small sunfish of 6". We were out and to the left of the launch. Basically the same story as kingspade a couple of posts above.