• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Saturday report

croixeyes

Well the first day on the river didnt go like I had planned.Stuck to the bayport area,ice varied from 3to5 inches.Could only manage three eyes and a crappie.It was still great to get on the ice though.A few guys walked across the river to the wisconsin side didnt find out how they did .I wasnt ready to venture across just yet,Ill wait for a little more ice.Anyone else go out today?Wondering if it was slow or just my bad choice of areas to fish?

Croixeyes, thanks for the report. I didn't think the ice would be that thick. Glad to hear you caught a few fish. It seems like I mark a lot of fish out there that come in for look but don't stay to eat.

CroixEyes,

Thanks for paving the way for us. I went up to Lindstrom and bagged some Crappie. They only had 3 inches of ice on South Center and Chisago. Great fishing for pannies but they are fairly skinny fish. I did find a little better size once we got over 18 feet of water. I saw your post on the pond forum. I hope you do well. I am headed that way next weekend. Good Luck! grin.gifgrin.gif