• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Windy conditions

croixeyes

Was the wind bad up there today and if so did it affect the ice.may be making a day trip up there tomorrow morning and just curious if the ice is still stabil.Any info would be apprecitated.Oh yea I wont even ask about where there biting at wink.gifwink.gif

wind was 20-35 kept me from going out I hear they are driving out in Garrison lake should be fine but check with local resorts and bait shops

I did not fish but did drive past the west side of the lake this afternoon. Looked like lots of smaller cracks due to the wind and warm weather. I am looking at going tomorrow to but some of the shorelines up the west side looked kind of spooky

It was really windy, but the ice is fine. We fished the SE side and it was as windy as it gets. about 9 inches of ice, and fish biting. Slowed down in the afternoon though. Hope this helps

It definitley was windy but the ice in the bays at Macs held up no problem. Kevin reports 7" in the bay and 9" out near the points. Didn't fish, just finished a remodel project on the house. Bill

It was windy Friday but ice held up, got portables up, caught some fish 20'. Cold sunday AM, so you're ok.

ice

Took Portables out of the North End Saturday to try and get out of the wind. It was brutal. Did very well on Perch between 3-4:30pm and hit a few walleyes a bit shallower at dusk and after dark. Also pulled 4 of those nasty 'pout..man were they fat.

Saw a truck driving across Garrison bay sunday and others looking for a place to cross a pressure ridge with their vehicles. PLEASE be careful out there! We've got great ice forming and an early start to the season. No need to push it. I didn't make it out myself but I heard 8 to 9 inches of ice on the west side. Be safe!!!