• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing Reports!

The reports coming in from the last couple of days are tremendous. Without going into the details I'll let you in on the latest. Anglers are hammering the walleyes on Gull and Round. Evenings were better than mornings. Not only are they catching numbers but the size of some have been very nice. We've had reports of a few fish between 25 and 30 inches. Pelican has also provided some decent action. The best depths have ranged from 24-38 feet. The crappies are also starting to bit out on Nisswa Lake. I'll keep you posted through this week. What a great start to the season.

Jason Erlandson

Here is the latest report:

The ice conditions are great here in the Nisswa area and the fishing has been pretty good too. Most of lakes have at least 6-9 inches of good solid ice. Anglers have had very good results to start the season. Walleyes are biting very good on Gull Lake, Round Lake, North Long, and Pelican. Jigging spoons tipped with fatheads or golden shiners under a bobber is what's producing the walleyes. The pike are hitting tip-ups baited with big shiners in 8-12 feet of water on Nisswa Lake, Upper Gull, and Cullen. For panfish and crappies the best reports so far have been on Nisswa lake in the evenings. Wax worms or crappie minnows seem to be working best. Be sure to take part in this hot walleye bite. The time to get out there is now. The best fishing should continue until the first of the year. Good Luck!

Jason Erlandson

Thanks from (I hope I speak for all of us) everyone who looks to this site for good info on all the great posts Jason. You and your dad are class acts. Nice to walk into a local store and know the product you get and service you get is top notch. If you spend time here and get information here stop in and thank Jason and Dave and let them know how much you appreciate the work they do.

Thank you

Just wanted to warn everyone heading out to Pelican there is a nasty pressure ridge blocking the channel between Jones Bay and the main lake. One guy that was lost went through it today. You can still squeeze a wheeler or sled through if you stay close to the north side of the channel but if if you are going to pull a house out I would take it to a different access

Finally got out last night, put house in 24ft on main lake. Not where i wanted to be, but for first ice it worked. I had 6-7 inches of ice. Caught 3 (2-15', 16') walleyes, missed 2( 1 nice) . The bite was from 420-5pm. Caught 2 on set lines, golden shinner. The other on buckshot/fathead.

Drove my 4 wheeler out, there wasn't any big cracks, yet. Ice looked real good. There were 2 other houses and 1 portable.

Gull, the south end of the big part. I wanted to stay away from hole in the day bay for at least another week. I'm sure it is ok. I went out of Ernies...

On Pelican between Jones and the main lake is a tough spot each year. Another good access is off the south shore of the main lake.

Hi Hop, Glad to hear you got into a few. I've been fighting a cold all week. It's been killing me I really want to get out again. I was out earlier this week on the east side of the main lake and the ice was real good, 6 inches. Tried out a couple of new products, the Marcum LX-3tc and the new Northland Buckshot dropper spoon. Both performed flawlessly.

Thanks Trencher, for the acknowledgement. It's nice to know our efforts are paying off. It's a fun business and we enjoy it.

Jason Erlandson

Eryk is my older brother. I have to drag him by all four limbs to get him out fishing or hunting.

Doc, are you still in the dental business?

Take Care

Pelican has been consistent. Been hittin a few on large fatheads on rattle reel and jiggin with a pimple and a head. In 23' with 7" ice. Morning has been good from 730-9. Evening good from 430-6. Sometimes there hitting later into the evening, 9-10. Northerns are insatiable during the day with shiners or large , shiny pimple. Aqua vu camera is fun to watch. We had just about every fish species come thru. Large school of nice bluegills came thru and hit our pimples. They were very nice size for pelican. Tossed em back , were after wallys. There are some fools driving out past the island, there cant be more ice than where im at, hope we dont have to rescue them. Good luck.

Hey Hopper, It's Blaze. Did alittle fishing around Brd last weekend with so so results. Have yet to be out on Gull yet but that will be soon. Should be fishing most of Christmas weekend so maybe I'll run into you. Fished Mille Lacs acouple times with minimal results as well last weekend. Was able to release a 24.5" fatty. Do you and Witts still fish together? I've got a couple of spots I want to hit on gull that were good this fall, just waiting for a little thicker ice.

Hey Blaze, Glad to have you on board. We've been hearing some real hot reports lately. It should stay good until Christmas, hope you get on them. Some of those nice fish from late this fall are even showing up. Stop in and say Hi when you get back in town.

Jason Erlandson

Hi Wade! Is the Pope Catholic? Of course I'm still in the dental business! Just ask your mom and sister!! Looking to add a full-time partner this coming June. Active, of course, with Lindy Tackle. I've gotten much more into the ice fishing scene these past few years. Drop by some time. Good luck and good fishing!

dockehr

Dr. Roland E. Kehr, Jr.

Hey Blaze!! Witts and I still hit the ice a little on weekends. I got the big house out already on Gull. Will be out some this weekend during prime time. Hopfefully run into you over X-mas. I have to go Phoenix over x-mas, kind sucks because of the good fishing that I'll miss......

Ice on gull was good as of tuesday. I had 6-7 inches about 1/2 mile north of Ernies....