• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hungarian Partridge

winniewalleye777

Has anyone been seeing any Partridge this year? I saw a group of about a dozen of them under a tree yesterday near the Marshall area while pheasant hunting.

I saw around 10 of them when we were deer hunting. Not as many of them around as 20 years ago but I think there is getting to be more and more every year.

I've seen 2 flocks this year, 10-12 birds each. It's the first time in a couple of years that I've seen any. Saw alot more 15-20 years ago and some say that they like small grain fields and that makes sense because 15-20 years ago there were more oats and wheat fields at least where I'm at in the Gaylord area.

Hunted about 2 hours yesterday and saw 3 flocks. Hun numbers around Pipestone area have been pretty good for the last couple of years.

I've seen a few flocks south of Hutch this year while pheasant hunting. Shot a loner about a month ago.

I've seen a few around this fall. Its not like they were back in the 80's, but there are some around. I'd rather have all the pheasants we have around than the partridge.

Yea I agree, I would rather have all of the pheasants around. I was just wondering if the population of Partridge was comin back at all. Around Marshall there is almost too much snow to hunt pheasants so I have just been road hunting pretty much. I saw a flock of about a dozen partridge and we took 3 out of there. It would be nice if the population would come back so we can hunt them during these snowy winters.