• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

waconia fish report

oil painter

Fergus Mor Mcerc and I were out on waconia bay this a.m. found 3-4 inches. felt safe on ice caught1 1/2 limits of craps. size from 8- 11 1/2 several 10s fished from sunup to 11:30 great way to start the hard water season. also caught several perch 8-9's. fresh fish dinner cant wait!!

It is good to be out isnt it oil painter. I am heading out this afternoon to try my hand at the evening bite. Where abouts did you guys fish?

Lane

Was out on Waconia today.(Just checking the ice). Talked to one individual who was set-up(had a PINK Polaris snowmobile, and a cat with named TOBY!!!!!), had caught 8 nice crappies(10"ers). Any other reports?

The bigger fish must be shallower than because I was probably 400 - 450 yds out or so and was in 19-20fow and caught only hand sized and smaller sunnies. All of which were hugging the bottom. Using waxies and small crappie minnows. Oh, also a 9 inch perch... Happened to look out the door at all the portables going up and saw one of my neighbors tip up go up and yelled TIP UP... guy comes out, says thanks, and pulls up what looked about a 15 + inch walleye about 10 yds from my door. Was on the ice from 2:30 till 5:30pm. No Crappies at all. The guy with the tip up had a green shinner? I'm guessing he was referring to an emerald shinner. smirk.gif

we were in green weeds, also sunrise. on waconia the fish seem to hang in the weeds for quite awhile longer than other lakes do I could fish tonka at 30+ and waconia at 12 go figure...try shallow away from the crowd somewhat and be there at prime time and you should do ok. also remember to look off the bottom, we caught several 7 feet down

Well I made it out to waconia tonight and fished out on cemetary. Searched around to find my spot and set up and not a bite. Saw one come through on the vex but no takers. After the wind picked and and nearly blew me off the lake I packed it up and headed in. About 4" of ice out on cemetary and couldnt believe seeing two guys out on small 4 wheelers. Well I am going to try again tomorrow night to see if there is any luck. Sarpy shoot me an email when you get the message so we can try to hook up

Lane

Fished in the bay last eve. 10-12' Sunfish after sunfish untill sundown, then my buddie got a nice 18" eye, then several crops till the wind really started to blow. We had no more than 3"s and that wind started to open our hole fast so we left while the fish were still biting.

Does anybody ever catch any amount of those 8-9 inch perch? I would go out to Waconia to catch those if I knew I could have a chance to get 10 or 20 of them. Good eats!!