• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Prior lake

9 portables on the lake last night between the sportsman access and the beach. How did you do and how much ice?

thnx.

Hi Wallabee,

Yes we were out there. I was one of the 9 portables. We had about 3-4 inches of good ice with a 1" layer of milky stuff on top. Some brainiac drove his mini van around the point and dumped her in the water. I am sure this did not add any fun to his fishing experience. Panfishing was slow but landed a few walleyes at dusk to make the day a success.

Good Luck , Mark

Thanks for getting back to me. Charging up the vex and vu and might have to head out tomorrow afternoon/night.

I was out there as well. We set up after dark around 6:30, and stayed until about 10:30. Caught 5 crappies that could have been kept, but were released. Had about 20 bites between the two of us, but were careless and misseed many.

Wallabee......Some brainiac drove his mini van around the point and dumped her in the water. I am sure this did not add any fun to his fishing experience.??????????????

Seriously!!!!!

Any word on the ice thickness by the island outside sand point?????? And how was the bite????

I fished Upper prior Saturday and the ice is scarry bad. It was 3 to 4 inches, but the snow spots were a bad 2 inches. There will be some cars and sleds going in the lake this year because not enough people realize how bad it still is.

Caught no walleyes, a couple of nice perch.

TJ - was that you fishing until 6PM or so? If so, that was me in the maroon F-150 at the landing.

Your right about the ice conditions. They really went in the stink hole yesterday even though the temps were not that warm. Two holes in my portable, one had 5 inches (3 of it good) the other hole had 3 inches, 1 of it good ice).

I'll be bringing friends with me next time I go out, + life jackets + rope + ice picks!!!! all that risk for a pesky lil 4" perch. arrgh!!!!

anyone out this morning? spring or prior?

i was out on spring for about two hours right at dark yesterday and had about 3 inches of ice. good ice just thin - chipped couple of tip-up holes and got nothing - but did not fish very hard - hitting it again now - will report later.

Fished Prior tonight with two other guys. Everywhere we drilled it was 4.5 inches of which 3 being good and 1.5 pretty white. We caught over 100 sunfish and kept 35 7-9 inchers. We caught 5 small crappies and one monsterous sized bullhead. I was lucky enough to catch and release a 27 inch walleye on my crappie rig.

With the weather we had this week it seems like there should be more ice. Be safe.

WG

Korn - Yep - That was me at the landing with the red lab. I fished this morning out on the rocks outside of the island (in front of Captain Jacks) and caught just 2 nice perch again. Gotta find those eyes. Do you get some in where you were Saturday night? I have not fished there much before.

TJ - just catching a perch here and there. Nothing special. Kinda been boring out there. Someone told me to try there early early ice...but I think he led me on a wild goose chase. I normally fish Lower.

Paradise Bay has approximately 5" of ice. Sunfish biting though you really have to sort through to get any keepers. Saw one five pound plus northern on the ice, though with all the tip ups on the ice it was the only flag I saw. I saw an atv drive accross the middle of the lake from near the Sportsman's access to the east of the rock island on the north end of the lake. I'm not sure I would have the guts at this point to do this. Walleyes on Prior are pretty much a dusk to an hour or two past sunset proposition. Also, once the atv's and snowmobiles hit the lake the bite pretty much ends for them. Reeds island, cow point, rock island on lower lake, and just to the south of wagon wheel marina are the four areas I would try for walleye. The edge of the weedline is where they seem to hang on Prior.

hey Korn, maybe your not in the right spot! i bet some guy is just pullin your leg! tells you to fish over there, while he'll fish right here, have up tried the other side of the island? or you should try the flats up by the bridge. you know that spot where its real flat! let me know what your work week is like, i'm gonna try again tuesday if you'd like to tag along. later, Dogg

Thanks for letting me tag along last night fellas.

Sorry I caught half the fish. Beginners luck I guess.

Next time I'll leave 'em for you guys to catch.

My arm's a little tired from all the reeling, but I'll live.

What's half of 2 ??????

I suppose my arm shouldn't be sore from reeling one fish...maybe I'm having a heart attack. tongue.gif

I may be able to go if I am still alive tomorrow.

Later,

Johnny

Lucky -

Yeah, I heard about them there flats!!! smile.gif Gotta try those next time. I'll be out next to the bridge as soon as I think the ice is safe enough over there wink.gif Just remind me never attempt to drive under it again!!! That was just way too close last year.

The week aint looking too good for me. It will have to be last minute or late evening for me to get out. Maybe have to hit Lotus up....at least I think my bobber will get pulled under the ice there :P

Looking like Saturday might be the next real oppurunity for me to get out.

Johnny, Lucky - give me a hollar if you do decide to head out. I might be able to meet ya out there.

hey WWG, i'm tring to make it a go for tuesday, i'll give ya a ring in the afternoon, if i think the weather is right. and Korn, i'll meet ya under the bridge! best fishing there with you than i'd seen in prior for years! later Dogg